Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

What the heck is that noise!

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
Saturday morning, I was laying in bed reading email on my ipad, and I realized there was a strange background noise that I had been hearing on and off for a few minutes and that no cats were in my line of site.

So there goes this noise 'thup' pause ' thup' pause 'thup' pause pause pause 'thup' pause 'thup'

I knew it had to be one of the cats and the only thing that came to mind was some miscreant trying to pluck the shoestring from my shoe. How wrong I was.

I get up slowly and look over the end of the bed to see Yuki staring up at me with a look that said "and?" She had been shredding pieces off of a foam mat that had originally been a cushion for a folding chair. I nudged her away from it and lo' and behold she barfed a couple times right in the dirty laundry basket.

Good news, no issues, still eating, drinking, using the litter normally, and playing like crazy. Within minutes of the incident I could have sworn there was a basketball game in my house, the cats were running full tilt all over the house.

Really have to watch that girl, she is a habitual shredder.

Last edited:

Kristin

Animal Communicator
What is it with them and eating things that should not be eaten?! My idiot was caught gnawing on the cord to the water fountain motor for the first time the other night:eek: Luckily no damage was done (to her or the pump). I sprayed it with vinegar water and she hasn't gone back. But seriously...the things they get into sometimes.....

Tort518

Savannah Super Cat
The crazy thing is she doesn't so much eat what she shreds as accidentally swallows some. She just loves systematic disassembly of things. She is the same with bunny batters and other toys.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
What is it with them and eating things that should not be eaten?! My idiot was caught gnawing on the cord to the water fountain motor for the first time the other night
Maybe she was trying to shock the :poop: out of herself (and you too). Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Maybe she was trying to shock the :poop: out of herself (and you too). Sorry, I couldn't resist.

The thought had occurred to me haha but more it was "ZEDDIE ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I spent $500 on vet bills for nothing, and now you want to go back?!......idiot...."

Zeddie isn't a shredder, she is a destroyer of all :eek:

Trish Allearz

I had a kitty a few years back eat our camping mats and poop perfect blue foam poops. She's so lucky it didn't block her up!

Sent from my so called smartphone so all typos and bad advice can be blamed on said "smart" phone ;)

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
The thought had occurred to me haha but more it was "ZEDDIE ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I spent $500 on vet bills for nothing, and now you want to go back?!......idiot...."

Zeddie isn't a shredder, she is a destroyer of all :eek:
But now you know to first ask for a poop sonnet THEN vet if no results!

Kristin

Animal Communicator
But now you know to first ask for a poop sonnet THEN vet if no results!

Yes, I've learned many lessons from this ordeal. 1) DON'T PANIC haha...I should have trusted my instincts more -_- The vets found out absolutely nothing

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Naughty girl Yuki!!! Hopefully she has barfed up everything she swallowed and you have nothing to worry about!