Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

What's up with the Animal Rights issue?

Dr. Cris Bird

Savannah Super Cat
I think if carrying a side arm is part of the uniform then we would have seen them packing on Saturday. However, my understanding is they came unarmed on Saturday yet returned on Sunday prominently displaying firearms. :eek: [/quote]

Well, that *is* interesting. Hmmph!

Dr. Cris Bird

Savannah Super Cat
Cristy, I can talk to you off-list about this...I don't think talking to Susan would help, since she wasn't there...All I can say is this...Francine pretty much spelled it out in her note on the TICA members list...this really had not much to do with HC's, although they were asked for after the fact as were rabies certs...
The papers are spinning this and sounds like others are as well...I know why the papers are spinning it, I don't know why others are...

No, no one other than the newspapers and the RI DEM are saying it was about HCs. You misunderstood me. I KNOW this was not about HCs. I made that very clear during the TICAmembers list discussion, remember? I would not have been talking about the pass through law under the "wild life" section if I had been under the misconception that they really were after HCs and rabies documents.

No.

Just now I was saying that THEY -- the RI DEM -- claimed that they were only after HCs and rabies docs. I did not say I believed them. I said they made that claim.

But if they wanted everyone to believe that is all they were after, then their behavior was completely inappropriate. That's what I was saying. You don't conduct a RAID if you are just checking HCs and rabies docs. You conduct yourself like a public health professional, show IDs, show courtesy, and treat people like they are good citizens having a good time at a public event -- which is what they are.

Either it was a raid and they were out of line for conducting a raid at a legal, public event without a warrant -- or it was not a raid, and they were acting completely unprofessionally and like thugs.

That is what I was saying.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Ok...misunderstanding on my part...sorry Cristy!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Trish Allearz

No, no one other than the newspapers and the RI DEM are saying it was about HCs. You misunderstood me. I KNOW this was not about HCs. I made that very clear during the TICAmembers list discussion, remember? I would not have been talking about the pass through law under the "wild life" section if I had been under the misconception that they really were after HCs and rabies documents.

No.

Just now I was saying that THEY -- the RI DEM -- claimed that they were only after HCs and rabies docs. I did not say I believed them. I said they made that claim.

But if they wanted everyone to believe that is all they were after, then their behavior was completely inappropriate. That's what I was saying. You don't conduct a RAID if you are just checking HCs and rabies docs. You conduct yourself like a public health professional, show IDs, show courtesy, and treat people like they are good citizens having a good time at a public event -- which is what they are.

Either it was a raid and they were out of line for conducting a raid at a legal, public event without a warrant -- or it was not a raid, and they were acting completely unprofessionally and like thugs.

That is what I was saying.
Seriously- though- and I am kinda chuckling here because sometimes, you just have to laugh...

WHY would you conduct a RAID over SBT Bengals and Savannahs?

I get it- I get it- AR types are idiots. But COME ON! Itty bitty spotted kitties???

Mrs.CC

Savannah Super Cat
I will talk about this tomorrow when i get back...but this photo speaks volumes....

View attachment 7015

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Good thing that armed personnel was there to protect everyone from kitties, :eek: while theft, murder, etc. is going on outside of those doors. Don't know what I'd do without someone to save me from a random petting frenzy! Love seeing our tax dollars hard at work. :rolleyes:

D

Dantes

I get it- I get it- AR types are idiots. But COME ON! Itty bitty spotted kitties???

According to the Ragdoll forum Savannahs are wild beasts and I know nothing about how evolution works or the effect of "generations and time" and I should worry that my 12lb Savannah is going to eat my 20lb Ragdoll some day.

Here is Duma eating Dante (or is it Dante eating Duma?):

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

(In discussing what happened at the show the forum compared Savannahs and Bengals to a 200lb ape that ate a lady's face lol)

Mrs.CC

Savannah Super Cat
According to the Ragdoll forum Savannahs are wild beasts and I know nothing about how evolution works or the effect of "generations and time" and I should worry that my 12lb Savannah is going to eat my 20lb Ragdoll some day.

Here is Duma eating Dante (or is it Dante eating Duma?):

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

(In discussing what happened at the show the forum compared Savannahs and Bengals to a 200lb ape that ate a lady's face lol)
Seriously? Boy, the misinformation that circulates out there!:rolleyes: Would you mind posting those photos again? They didn't come through.

D

Dantes

Seriously? Boy, the misinformation that circulates out there!:rolleyes: Would you mind posting those photos again? They didn't come through.
It was a Ragdoll breeder and a Ragamuffin breeder that said these things. I mean, these are people that actually DO attend cat shows! They said that Savannahs were stinky and sprayed everywhere and that they were dangerous.

DSC00052 (Mobile).JPG DSC00054 (Mobile).JPG DSC00055 (Mobile).JPG

Trish Allearz

It was a Ragdoll breeder and a Ragamuffin breeder that said these things. I mean, these are people that actually DO attend cat shows! They said that Savannahs were stinky and sprayed everywhere and that they were dangerous.

View attachment 7064 View attachment 7065 View attachment 7066
Ah- but are they CFA?

CFA people are a horse of a different color (I love that phrase). They are taught by the CFA that breeds of nondomestic origin (did I get that right) are vicious animals.

I was just talking to a breeder and they said that one of CFA's current hang-ups on bringing the Bengals into their association was 'sooo many breeders are still breeding F1s-F2s'- yet, I think I'm on quite a few lists for cats for sale and I don't notice more then 1-2 of those breedings a year in the Bengals. I even tried to find some Bengal F1s and couldn't find any available at the moment. CFA is full of... kitty poo!