Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Why did you choose the name(s) you did for your Savannahs? Let us know!

Hina

Site Supporter
Poor Sasha was without a name for almost one month !!! My husband insisted the name should start with either H or S and since Hugo was taken by another's frbd's pet we were just left with the letter S.

After weeks of debating and arguing we were left with Spotty and Sasha - he liked spotty and I insisted on Sasha (all inspired by Alexander the Great whose empire spread out from Africa (Sasha's ancestors) to India (my ancestors).

Long story short - we know who won the naming war

Cathouse1

Site Supporter
Nuff said
9e52f4fe8bc7be0963f3aa9207be4169.jpg

Jim & Baghira

Savannah Super Cat
Baghira was given to him from breeder, but my wife always called him Rambo from day one. I guess because he wasn´t scared of anything or to do anything lol.
I always liked Baghira, but you know how it is.....the wife always has the last word :notworthy:

NiklasEdinFan

Savannah Kitten
Edin is the last name of my favorite curler and the team name. I couldn't call her Niklas so Edin it was. Of course everyone calls her Edin (e-den) but it's pronounced a-deen.

NikkiA

Site Supporter
We are less creative than you guys are.
Diablo and Jarvis are both named after the bottles of wine we opened the nights they came home.
Diablo's name at his breeder was Royal, and Jarivis' name was Barry. Neither worked for us. When D came home, he wouldn't let us go to sleep, so at 3 am, when we opened (cheap) wine, called Castel del Diablo, inspiration struck. When Jarvis came home, we were prepared for a kitten refusing to sleep, and had a nice bottle of white wine in the fridge. I wanted to name him Mars (I liked the idea of God and the Devil under one roof, playing together), but Michael wasn't going for it. He also didn't like Loki or Thor. He thought Loki was asking for trouble, and Thor he didn't think fit him. We agreed on Jarvis after 4 days of "kitten". (He still comes to Kitten).
Mickey Blue Eyes is Mickey Blue Eyes because he has blue eyes and Mike loves Disney.
Rey is named after a starwars character, but we had a goof when she came home. She was really fluffy and really snugly, so we called her floofy. Now, she responds to Floofy...