Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Why is it...

Trish Allearz

Okay, so I've always been led to wonder this about my cats- not just the Savannahs- but why do they work so hard to make a fool out of me?

For example- I will tell people that Simon, our F1, may be standoffish- and then he'll be the biggest lovebug ever to the people I'm talking to!

Or I might say that a certain kitten isn't as outgoing as another- then THAT kitten that I just said wasn't outgoing- will be the most outgoing when the family visits!

I think they enjoy making me look silly! What else could explain their contrary behavior? :)

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Hahaha, I know exactly what you mean! Cats seem to be able to read our minds, and then go out of their way to do just the opposite of what we expect!!

Gadzukz

Savannah Child
Not just cats! When we had horses, we had a standing rule~ Never tell the vet/farrier your horse was well behaved! As soon as you utter the words "Look how nice he is standing" is when all hell was sure to break loose!:confused:

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Mine have taught me very well how to play fetch. They had fun retrieving toys for about 2 minutes and then decided it was more fun to watch me run up and down the hall excitedly chattering "come one, get the ball, oooooh looky there goes ball, get it, go on, get it."

admin

Paige
Staff member
LOl, Deborah! Zuri think that nighttime is the time to play and often wakes me at all hours to play fetch...she jumps on the bed or flies off the catwalk on to the bed with her little ball in her mouth. I throw it just to get some sleep. And then she sleeps all day, while I am exhausted. So who is the fool???

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
....or the one you think will just LOVE showing, is a total flake for the judges ;} My favorite is how cats always seem to know when visitors are just not "cat" people....and will hound that person; rubbing against their black pants, talking to them, jumping in their laps...lol

Lori Greer

Cahaba Cats
....or the one you think will just LOVE showing, is a total flake for the judges ;} My favorite is how cats always seem to know when visitors are just not "cat" people....and will hound that person; rubbing against their black pants, talking to them, jumping in their laps...lol
This is SO TRUE!! The one who doesn't care for or is "cat neutral" is the one they gravitate toward. LOL

Trish Allearz

Hahaha, I know exactly what you mean! Cats seem to be able to read our minds, and then go out of their way to do just the opposite of what we expect!!
Yes-the exact opposite! That's what they like to do! LOL! It's not so bad when you say they'll be naughty and then they are nice, but when you tell someone how nice they are and THEN they are naughty... LOL.