Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Wild Game

Riddick

Savannah Super Cat
Hi, I currently feed my savannah a raw meat diet. This is the pretty standard diet that contains parts of chicken with a vitamin supplement. I am a hunter and with that being said hunting season is around the corner. Has anyone fed their cat dove, venison, and/or wild hog? Would this be a good idea since it is 100% wild and organic?

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Any raw food, if fed as slab meat (e.g., no bones, organs, etc.) will need a supplement. If you want to grind your own with bones and organs there are recipes here on the forum as well as online to help you create a balanced diet.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Certain worms that infest wild game animals are immune from freezing so you would want to talk to your vet about a deworming schedule. Anyone who feeds raw meat to their animals should do that regardless of whether it's wild game or grocery store products.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Hi Sarabi. Welcome to the forum. I for one will take your venison and wild pig! Yummmmm!
Are you making your own raw mix now or buying? Do you currently supplement?

Rafiki

Site Supporter
I know that many breeders/vets say to stay away from feeding pork to cats. Does anyone here know the reason why?

Riddick

Savannah Super Cat
Hi Sarabi. Welcome to the forum. I for one will take your venison and wild pig! Yummmmm!
Are you making your own raw mix now or buying? Do you currently supplement?

Hahaha don't worry I will be eating it as well!!!! Currently I am making my own mix by grinding chicken thighs, chicken legs, heart, gizzards, liver, and using kitty bloom VM900+3 supplements, I also will throw in a few fish oil caps. I am thinking just to put some wild game in addition to that and add supplements according to the weight of the meat.