Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Witchy is climbing back on her broom and….

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
We have been to Slovenia four times and will return again. The country, which is the size of New Jersey, is simply stunning and the people are fantastic. If the logistics would work, I would love to move there when Alan retires.

This trip we stayed on a tourist farm in Robanov Kot a mountainous valley carved by a glacier and we visited neighboring Logarska Dolina valley and hiked in the Kamnik-Savinja Alps which are within spitting distance of Austria. It was cloudy and rained a bit every day but it was a warm rain and felt good when hiking up steep trails. The distinguishing features of these valleys (aside front the stunning scenery) are the farms that are carved out of any flat place that could be found. The population of the county where these valleys and farms are located is 536. Everybody knows your name.

Our accommodations -- our room is at the top govc.jpg View from our room room with a view.jpg View from the other side, this was taken at sunset room with view 2.jpg

This is a view from the Panoramic Road. This is actually a two-lane road used by cars, trucks, bicyclists, hikers and farmers moving their big equipment. The paved parts are intermittent, most of it is gravel. Alan was too afraid to drive it so I did all the driving -- with my eyes closed and hands gripping the steering wheel in white-knuckled fear. LOL. panoramic road.jpg Looking down into Logarska Dolina from the Panoramic Road logarski dolina.jpg A little waterfall we encountered on a hike waterfall.jpg And the Alps alps.jpg

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Beautiful! Reminds me of the San Juan Mountains in SW Colorado. The roads are better except for the jeep trails....

Rafiki

Site Supporter
We visited a bit of Slovenia when we were in Trieste, Italy. We only got a wee taste of Bled, the Postojna caves and Piran. All were stunning and I definitely want to return. 2 weeks there sounds heavenly!

Evie

Savannah Super Cat
Really beautiful. Look's like the perfect 'get away from it all' destination. It sound's like you had a lovely time :)