Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

You can go home again

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
Soooo, I visited family in Pittsburgh for the first time in 9 years and have been back there only 5 times in 40 yrs. Sooooo, I ate all my favorite foods, which all happened to be white -- pasta, pierogies, pizzales, potato pancakes, deep fried fish & crab cakes. My hips don't lie. All of the food was as delicious as I remembered except for my favorite potato chip -- Wise brand -- which are still tasty but not as crispy and brown as they were when I was a kid.

The good news is that I discovered a brand of potato chips that are really really crispy (nearly burned) and I ate as many bags as I could while in Pgh and plan on having them shipped to me. For other people who like their food very crispy, give these a try http://www.herrsstore.com/herukech2oz.html

admin

Paige
Staff member
Glad to hear you had a good trip, Deborah! And that you ate all your favorite foods ;) Sounds like you had a good time!

hahaha...we get to buy those chips here on the East Coast ;)

John Popp

Site Supporter
Ah Deborah, I too was born near Pittsburgh and moved away when I was quite young. Head back there about as many times per year as you have in the last 40, but always relish in their special language and of course their delicacies. Primanti Brothers, Isaly's Klondike Bars, my Grandmothers Golumpki (stuffed cabbages) and the 10,000 ways they can prepare Zucchini.

Only one of my grandparents left and despite being in her 90s she still manages to mow 5 acres of grass, tends to 20 some bee boxes, or whatever they're called, fruit trees and about a quarter acre garden. She's a gem of a person and as a youngster (being the first of her grandchildren) I crowned her with her forever name as I couldn't say Zucchini and she has been called "Queenie" ever since.

rypka

Savannah Super Cat
Soooo, I visited family in Pittsburgh for the first time in 9 years and have been back there only 5 times in 40 yrs. Sooooo, I ate all my favorite foods, which all happened to be white -- pasta, pierogies, pizzales, potato pancakes, deep fried fish & crab cakes. My hips don't lie. All of the food was as delicious as I remembered except for my favorite potato chip -- Wise brand -- which are still tasty but not as crispy and brown as they were when I was a kid.

The good news is that I discovered a brand of potato chips that are really really crispy (nearly burned) and I ate as many bags as I could while in Pgh and plan on having them shipped to me. For other people who like their food very crispy, give these a try http://www.herrsstore.com/herukech2oz.html

Yummyyy, pierogies, potato pancakes - where are your ancestors from??? :)

John Popp

Site Supporter
I guess I didn't know those waffle things were Pizzales. Munched on quite a few of those.

Chipped Chopped Ham, Iron City Beer, Zagnut and Clark Bars, Sausages, Kielbasa and a bunch of other stuff I don't remember.

I do remember many a time thinking I was going to cure a hangover before it happened on the Southside with a Primanti Brothers sandwich but it never seemed to work.

img_0107.jpg

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
JP, The cure for a hangover was Darvon Compound-65. The b*astards took it off the market.