Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

1st Time Cat Nip for Elsa

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Elsa got a "Cat Nip" Flavored Cat Scratcher and she went crazy and not in a good way... She really was a mean Drunk... She was totally out of control attacking myself and Jake like never before. I had to take it from her and confine her for about an hour. After it wore off she came back to normal and acted just fine. I am not sure if I am going to try it again, but for now it is totally out of her reach.

Elsa-1.JPG Elsa-2.JPG Elsa-3.JPG Elsa-4.JPG
While taking her to confinement I had to hold both Front and Back Paws as well as controller her head... She has never done this before.

Once she came out of confinement, she was back to her regular happy self... I am not sure why she took off this way... I know we have had weird medicine allergies with her, maybe this is part of that. Opinions please.

I also got her some "Cat Nip Bubbles" (never had heard of that before, but cheap, so I bought some) and now I don't think that I am going to use it.

catnipbubbles.jpg
Available at Walmart for $1.89​

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Sounds like she definitely had an adverse reaction to the catnip. It is uncommon but not unheard of. I don't think I would try it again.

cbain

Site Supporter
Cody loves catnip, Camille does not like it, no 2 cats are the same ,Patti's advice is the way to go IMO

Jim & Baghira

Savannah Super Cat
Had the same problem with Baghira :cautious:, but I left it out and he seems to be calming down a bit......may still get rid of it though.

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Jammu is my nip-head. He loves the stuff. Rafiki couldn't care less. I think that it just sometimes makes her sneeze when she scratches the pad so if anything, she finds it a bother.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Tiger used to react like that. Then one day he had a bad trip and started hallucinating and was terrified. We stopped buying it, and when Zeddie came home I accidentally bought a toy laced with catnip. He played with it and had no problems

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
If I try it again, I am going to wait at least until she is a year old... Maybe it will be better controllable then.. Besides, she does not need to get high to have fun... She does that anyway without help.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
First you try to drown her and then you get her high. What's happening to you John? I am waiting for the video titled "Elsa's Revenge.":big grin: