Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

6 mo. old f3b male obsession with girlfriend's bra?

My kitten has an obsession with my girlfriend's bras, especially the pink victoria's secret. He will sniff through a clean load of laundry to find one. He will sniff the dresser drawers and open the correct one, just get his dirty little paws on one. And he will even try and play "innocent" kitten tricks on us just to get a peek.

Is this a mother/scent obsession, a fun toy obsession, a mischievous game, an innate attraction, or maybe a cross-dressing, gender confusion issue? ugh, maybe I shouldn't have snipped his berries.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
It may have started as a scent thing or a fabric attraction as Deborah says, but if he is getting a reaction from the humans every time he finds the bras, then it becomes a learned behavior....

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
I can see by your message count you are new. Welcome! Enjoy reading a lot of the threads. You are describing typical savannah behavior. Obsession, toy, game, and attraction are possibilities which will drive you nuts trying to figure out. Save your sanity. The reason is basically, "because they can!":eek:

D

Dantes

I'd be more worried if you find a piggy bank where he's been collecting pennies for an upcoming Neutical procedure. Maybe not so much about the procedure, but whether he's arranged a ride home from the vet for after. Even if he's a safe driver, he shouldn't be driving himself home under the influence.

:cat:

NikkiA

Site Supporter
Our F5 boy steals my bras (from the laundry and my drawer), and cuddles with them.
Our F3 boy steals my husband's dirty underwear after he exercises. He takes it under the bed, and cuddles with it.

Welcome to the joy of Savannahs. Some of them have underwear fetishes.

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Lol! I'm guessing it's your lingering scent even after laundering the bra. That or the elastic in the material....some cats seem to love elastic, especially in hair ties!

MattM

Savannah Super Cat
Oh good I was beginning to think my F3 kitten was a perv. My Fiancee had her bra snap somehow and got left on the floor. It's pretty much his new favorite toy. Hilarious when he runs away with it on top of his head.

Attachments

• DSC_0040.JPG
    DSC_0040.JPG
    482 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC_0045.JPG
    DSC_0045.JPG
    600.5 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC_0051.JPG
    DSC_0051.JPG
    504.1 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC_0061.JPG
    DSC_0061.JPG