Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

6 month old f5 with diarrhea

kabuki

Savannah Super Cat
i have a 6 mo male savannah . he eats rad cat raw diet, free range turkey and chicken

Sent from my iPad

naranek

Savannah Child
My two are completely different from each other - Tigger loves kibble & cooked chicken, won't touch raw food. Macavity loves anything raw (lamb, chicken .. spinach, apparently. Strange animal), but won't touch kibble or dried treats; they're brothers from the same litter, so I think it's just down to the individual cat.

FWIW, a little bit of yoghurt seems to do the trick when mine have loose stools.

Lesley

Site Supporter
Ours our litter mates as well and have completely different tastes, definitely an individual thing. Ours won't eat yogurt of any kind, so we supplement with fortiflora which they really like and does help.

Lesley

Site Supporter
The freeze dried raw turkey seems to make our picky girl quite happy. It has definitely helped our boy's GI issues. He has the GI problems and she is the picky one. This seems to be a happy compromise. Good luck!

admin

Paige
Staff member
Guys...you do not HAVE to feed savannahs raw food...is a raw food diet better? Yes, but not a necessity...my kittens (Ixas and Cinny) grew up on raw and Ixas will now eat it at this point. So he gets a grain free food. The bottom line is that if they will not eat it, it doesn't matter whether it is raw or canned or kibble.

Also, if you feed raw, you really have to make sure they are getting the proper nutrients...please check our forum on Savannah Cat Diet/Raw Food