Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Akila not gaining weight

Snakebike

Savannah Super Cat
Good Morning all,

It is with immense sorrow that I write this. Akila crossed the Rainbow bridge on Tuesday. She was very lazy over the weekend, but still eating (although) not much, using the box … On Monday she was still not moving around a lot, so I brought her her food and I noticed that she really wasn't getting up much. Monday night I was sitting next to her and noticed that her limbs were awkward, so I lifted her up and put her back down and she could not support her weight. I picked her up and she was liked a dish towel in my arms. I rushed her to the nearest 24 hour emergency hospital where they started IV fluids and started testing her. They did bloodwork, x-rays ,ultrasound, keep her on oxygen all night...

I went to the hospital on Tuesday and was told that she still could not stand on her own and that what ever she had become neurological. The said I could have CT scans run, MRI's, spinal taps... which I had thought about until I saw her. I told myself that if her quality of life was ever affected by whatever she had I would do the right thing by her. I love her enough to let her rest.

I want to thank all of you who have answered my questions, and helped me through trying to figure out what was wrong with my Baby.

Joanne and Akila
Good Morning all,

It is with immense sorrow that I write this. Akila crossed the Rainbow bridge on Tuesday. She was very lazy over the weekend, but still eating (although) not much, using the box … On Monday she was still not moving around a lot, so I brought her her food and I noticed that she really wasn't getting up much. Monday night I was sitting next to her and noticed that her limbs were awkward, so I lifted her up and put her back down and she could not support her weight. I picked her up and she was liked a dish towel in my arms. I rushed her to the nearest 24 hour emergency hospital where they started IV fluids and started testing her. They did bloodwork, x-rays ,ultrasound, keep her on oxygen all night...

I went to the hospital on Tuesday and was told that she still could not stand on her own and that what ever she had become neurological. The said I could have CT scans run, MRI's, spinal taps... which I had thought about until I saw her. I told myself that if her quality of life was ever affected by whatever she had I would do the right thing by her. I love her enough to let her rest.

I want to thank all of you who have answered my questions, and helped me through trying to figure out what was wrong with my Baby.

Joanne and Akila

David Z

Site Supporter
So sorry to hear that Akila has passed, was really hoping they were going to figure out what was wrong.
My deepest condolences, my thoughts are with you.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I am sooo sorry for your loss! I know you are heartbroken, and it is even harder when you never got a definitive answer as to what the problem was. Did you decide to have a necropsy done?

Bigs hugs from me across cyberspace

Akila

Site Supporter
Thank you Patti.....I miss her so very much:cry::cry:!!!!!! I did not have a necropsy done, but what ever it was it became neurological! I felt like my baby Akila had been through enough!!!

Manu+Horde

Savannah Super Cat
So sad to hear that Akila has gone over the rainbow :( she was that cute and everybody here hoped she will regain health ...
I'm so sorry for your loss - Akila will stay in your heart and never will be forgotten ... keep her with you ...