Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

An interesting Toy (for Savannah)

Kristin

Animal Communicator
I want one too! It would be great for capturing my bratty Grey on camera since she clams up when attention is put on her

Pam and Will

Savannah Super Cat
LOL! I keep telling my wife I'm going to get one of those cameras and strap it to my head! LOL... Always walk in on something funny and with the 2nd out tomorrow it'll be even more 'happenings'! :)

One of the more popular toys is a "Turbo Track" cat track run through a cheap cat tunnel/tube. They seem to LOVE the netting part to peak through. We have Stil out playing with it during his house tours. (Still in semi quarantine for today ... tomorrow is the end of the two weeks! :)
Stilgar on Turbo.jpg

Leto goes nuts on this thing and ends up knocking it apart! I have a plan to melt the little snaps together some day! :confused:

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Wow cool idea! Thanks John. I have a friend that rides around on a unicycle with a camera on his head, I wonder if it's something like this....and it wouldn't hurt to have a bit of a surveillance system around the house...will definitely think about it.

Yeah, they're always up to something, if you watch the beginning of the video I'm trying to sneak up on them from the stairs and they hear the stair creak and look up at me like, "Party's over!" lol

Talking about surveillance system, I have 16 cams outside fixed that record 24X7 and emails me of movement in particular areas. I also have 3 IP cameras to watch my dog inside while I am away and I can pan and tilt those cameras. Gives me piece of mind when I am not around.

As far as the camera on the guys head...Probably the exact same camera... Motor Cycles, Snow Mobiles, If people do it... This camera can film it. Want to see what it looks like, check out the thread: http://www.savannahcatchat.com/threads/truly-a-love-for-cats.3752/ Those are the cameras I use. No I did not record that video and before you watch it, it is an advertisement for those cameras and probably the only camera that is Savannah Safe...

D

Dantes

OMG I might have to sell my CatIt track and get the bergan one, lookey here! (on a side note, brave owner put speaker/scratching post right in the middle lol)

Pam and Will

Savannah Super Cat
The only bummer has been I cannot find any additional straight pieces without buying an additional kit. I made a larger two kit track, but Leto seemed to enjoy the faster ball come back of the smaller track.

D

Dantes

The only bummer has been I cannot find any additional straight pieces without buying an additional kit. I made a larger two kit track, but Leto seemed to enjoy the faster ball come back of the smaller track.
Hi--Can you explain this? I've been looking at the kits and only see curved pieces in the kits? Also, what do you mean smaller track (vs larger track width or something else?)?

I was wondering if the two systems were compatible...that would be ideal, but nobody likes compatibility these days, sadly :-/

Pam and Will

Savannah Super Cat
Hi--Can you explain this? I've been looking at the kits and only see curved pieces in the kits? Also, what do you mean smaller track (vs larger track width or something else?)?

I was wondering if the two systems were compatible...that would be ideal, but nobody likes compatibility these days, sadly :-/

The kit at Petco has one straight piece in it... I think they do that so you buy additional full kits if you want more. I had purchased 2 kits and laid out a bigger track for Leto, but he didn't play as excitedly as when it was just a short oval track. Then I added the tube so the track ran through it and it was like Turbo track crack for him!! He can hide and pounce in the tube. We've let Stilgar, the new little guy, play with it as well and the tube addition seems to be a hit with him too! Attached is a overhead shot of the track.. a couple straight pieces run through the tube (it's a small one) then paired up the 'humps' on the other side, which work well to roll the ball back if not whacked to hard! Yea, I would highly doubt that this one would work with the Catit one.

20131205_183520.jpg
OH! Speaking of kitty tubes, this one on Amazon is GREAT! About an 11 inch diameter opening and good spring loaded so it holds its shape after pouches, dives, slides down the hall and all sorts of punishment Leto can dole out!!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008U1DBFM/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For just under 18 bucks well worth it.. we have 3 scattered around the house!

D

Dantes

Oh man. I don't get a Xmas bonus, how the heck am I gonna pay for all the kits' toys???

Pam and Will

Savannah Super Cat
LOL! No kidding! Leto goes through phases with toys or places he likes to sit. One toy will be the BEST thing in the world for a week or so.. then totally ignored for another week... then back to OMG this thing is AWESOME!

Funny enough another favorite is orange juice caps! We have smooth floors and those things glide like air hockey pucks and he just whacks them around the house!