Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Attacked by a 6 months old kitten

George

Savannah Super Cat
Don't panic :)
A small pregnant kitten ( i think she is around 6-7months old ) just invaded our balcony and asked to be fed. After having a delicious dinner she wanted to take a nap on my girlfriends lap :)

Attachments

• 2012-09-28 22.07.38.jpg
    2012-09-28 22.07.38.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 45

Medesha

Savannah Super Cat
Careful when bringing in an outside kitty. You don't want to pass on anything to any pets you already have. She is a cutie, though! What's going to happen when she has the babies?

George

Savannah Super Cat
We have no pets at the moment. She is so cute that we decided to take her to the vet to check her. We will ask around the neighborhood but this kitten is a back yard cat if you know what I mean. We have many around here, we feed them and eventually neuter the ones that live in our yards. She asks for petting all the time, and she even has some savannah-like spotting :)

Medesha

Savannah Super Cat
We have no pets at the moment. She is so cute that we decided to take her to the vet to check her. We will ask around the neighborhood but this kitten is a back yard cat if you know what I mean. We have many around here, we feed them and eventually neuter the ones that live in our yards. She asks for petting all the time, and she even has some savannah-like spotting :)

Aww! I know how it is, got ferals all over the place. I'd make sure she doesn't have fleas or any other bugs. Are you going to let her have the babies? Will you keep her? If yes, make sure she's eating a good wet food diet, she's going to need her strength if she's going to have the babies at such a young age and size.

George

Savannah Super Cat
Aww! I know how it is, got ferals all over the place. I'd make sure she doesn't have fleas or any other bugs. Are you going to let her have the babies? Will you keep her? If yes, make sure she's eating a good wet food diet, she's going to need her strength if she's going to have the babies at such a young age and size.

We will take her to the vet to do everything, from fleas to deworming and vaccines, whatever can be done anyways. We will see then but if she is only a few weeks due ..who knows. I dont think we will keep her indoors. I don't think we would succeed anyway.
When we get our savannah we will perhaps get another indoor cat for company, not sure when but for sure in the near future.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
She looks like a sweet girl, I hope she and her kittens will stay safe! It would be great if your vet would offer a speuter discount for her and her kittens once she has this litter....

George

Savannah Super Cat
She looks like a sweet girl, I hope she and her kittens will stay safe! It would be great if your vet would offer a speuter discount for her and her kittens once she has this litter....

True that ! we shall see ..

Lori Greer

Cahaba Cats

I noticed her spotting! She is adorable!!

S

shelby

George, she is a beautiful girl;>)I am sure she is enjoying the love and attention;>) I also get the feeling your girlfriend is enjoying the snuggle;>) It would be nice to keep her in..just to offer the safe place for the babies to be born;>)
www.dreamweavercatz.com

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Got any more pictures? The shape of the face, the spots, and possibly the ears appear suggestive.
A couple of years ago while on a short trip to see my mom, one of my neighbors thought one of my savannahs got out. Cat came right up to them so they put it in the garage. When I got home I noticed one too many spotted cats. Hmmmm, how did this happen? Really nice friendly cat. Took her to the vet. And what do you know, chipped! Turns out the cat wandered off two weeks earlier from four miles away. It crossed I-80 (very busy superhighway, main east west road through the United States)!!!! It was an Egyptian Mau. The 8 year old boy was over joyed to get his cat back!
George, are spotted cats common in your area?