Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Behaving/ adjusting

K

katown

Great! Sometimes it feels like there is no progress. Little baby steps.
I think I was expecting an easier transition,
really though not knowing what to expect, I'm happy that she is adjusting. I'm trying to keep her happy.
Enjoy your day!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Adults are always more difficult to rehome, and breeders are sometimes kept separated due to spraying issues so do not get as much socialization as their kittens - not saying this is the case with your girl, but it may be a contributing factor.

K

katown

I was told she has been to a few cat shows, and was great, no issues, which is hard to believe considering how skiddish she is of people. But I'm no one to say how cats act at shows but it's only me and my husband here she is skiddish with just us. I know everything is new, but, I can't imagine hrr with constant new people around her, touching her, hands all over her, how she would be.

Whatever she has been through it seems like it will take her a bit to feel comfortable.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Hard to say, I've had a couple of kittens that "didn't know any better" when they were first shown, then realized they hated it and were put off people/strangers/crates, etc. for good. Other cats love to show, but those are ones who also usually love everyone they meet as well...

K

katown

Haha! The cutest thing, Tora has never seen TV before, she is intently watching.
I can't call her, can't play with her, haha, her eyes are glued to the TV. It's so adorable. I had to share.
eea9a28b73e8bfb905bad1b6418ce833.jpg

K

katown

She likes TV, the more movement the better. I took another picture.
She actually likes to watch it from the couch, but jumpd on the table to get a closer look to what she likes. Lol it's hilarious.
ea374b8f5966ca520cb0864dbb7ef0a4.jpg