Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Cat Nutritionist

Danger Kitty

Site Supporter
Hi everyone. I’m wondering if anyone has worked with a nutritionist that they would recommend. I’m open to feeding raw/homemade but want someone who is open to raw as well as store bought. I just want to find the food that best suits my boys.

My 2.5 yo non-savannah is the biggest issue. He has been taken to the vet twice for struvite crystals and is horrible at drinking water. I have bought 5 different fountains, tried different bowls in numerous locations, tuna in water and different types of water. He also doesn’t like the prescription wet foods and I don’t like the ingredient list anyway. All he gets is wet food and it’s 87% water.

My 2 savannahs I have been combo feeding wet with orijen dry. The younger savannah is almost 1 year old and successfully went through FIP treatment. He loves the dry food and I would be willing to feed him porterhouse 3 times a day if he wanted. I’m just glad he’s still alive. My 6 yo savannah has been healthy and the vet always comments he’s the perfect weight.

If raw it would be nice to find a base diet that suits each and slightly adjust for each cats needs. I have access to a local raw processor that has many different grinds with or without bone and organs.

Any suggestions for a nutritionist or to get my cat to drink water would be great. It may sound silly but I just had an oversized water bowl and battery operated fish to put in to see if I can get him interested in water.

Vito

Site Supporter
Sounds like your doing all the right thing re/drinking water, I actually have a cat (non Savannah) who's not the greatest drinker and I like you have tried everything to try an coax him, what I did find that helps is giving him an ice cube to play with on the floor and as it melts hell lick the water up, just a suggestion, it may or not work for you. Re/ nutritionist, Witchy has a power of knowledge on this subject, I hope she replies to your questions and is able to help.
So pleased that Loki beat FIP, that was truly amazing, what a battle he had, the little warrior.