Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

CatGenie or other self clean litter box

Michaela

Savannah Super Cat
I have two litter robots and all the savannahs but one uses them...a lot less work for me ;)

I have to get one
My Romeo -SV and Toby -Bengal gave 5 litter boxes in the house and they prefer 2
I am afraid to get rid of the other ones because the SV had many accidents (mostly do to diet diarrhea )

:)
Good to know that early generation SV like them in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Michaela L

D

Dantes

I have two litter robots and all the savannahs but one uses them...a lot less work for me ;)

Paige, what sort of litter do you use in the Litter Robot?

One of the things that I didn't like about the LR was the dust. It's cool that it rotates, but when it rotates it kicks up a lot of dust because you have to use clay litter, and I thought it required the clumping type which now I'm afraid of (but maybe I remember this wrong?--off to look it up). I know corn litter was also an option but I remember my DSHs were into eating the corn, so that didn't last long, and now with all the problems with microbes in corn, I don't think I'd go that way.

I would love to go back to the LR, but currently I'm using Swheat litter, made out of wheat (obviously). One of the things I like about Swheat litter is that it isn't very dusty. (and if it happens to go in the toilet it's not a problem, although I don't flush it as normal course of business) But for some reason I recall that it didn't work too well with wheat litter. So for now I'm scooping, but it would be great to go back to being fully automated, and based on pee/poo patterns I'm guessing I could get away with just one litter robot (with the extended panel for the big guy) and one cat genie if I were able to figure out the litter issue.

admin

Paige
Staff member
I use either Dr Elsy's or worlds best...why not write and ask if you can use the swheat? I don't remember that being a litter you cannot use. I only remember you cannot use pellets.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

D

Dantes

I use either Dr Elsy's or worlds best...why not write and ask if you can use the swheat? I don't remember that being a litter you cannot use. I only remember you cannot use pellets.

There's a website that specializes in litterboxes only. They've had complete failure with Swheat, saying that instead of clumping, it sticks everywhere. Seems about right, the way it works in their boxes is to clump at the bottom, so I have to bleach every week or 2. Pellets are a definite no-no. Still, I might give it a go, I've never tried Dr Elsy's so maybe it's less dusty or something.

admin

Paige
Staff member
Dr Elsy's is great! It is perfect also for any one who has litterbox issues with their cat...Dr Pierson highly recommends it

Michaela

Savannah Super Cat
Hi
I got the robot but have trouble putting it together
It states that is up to 15 lb cat and my SV Romeo is 8 mo and 15 lb with growth in progress

Should I return it
The Bengal will not likely pass 15 lb in full size

Any advice and experience on cat size over 15 lb and F2 SV boys ?

Michaela L

Michaela

Savannah Super Cat
Hi
I got the robot but have trouble putting it together
It states that is up to 15 lb cat and my SV Romeo is 8 mo and 15 lb with growth in progress

Should I return it
The Bengal will not likely pass 15 lb in full size

Any advice and experience on cat size over 15 lb and F2 SV boys ?

Michaela L
Thank you
I will return it if both cats can not fit on it
:)

Michaela L