Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Child proof locks

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
I read this post yesterday thinking, "I'm so glad Kovu doesn't get into the cabinets".
Then what does Kovu do while I'm at work today?
He gets in the cabinet.
Oye. Time to dig out all the child proofing stuff from when Elijah was a toddler.

Kristine

Which locks do you find on your cabinets, pantries, closet or doors do you find that work the best?

The husband does not like locks that require us to drill through the cabinet doors but may give it another chance if it's the only ones that manage to outsmart Savannahs.

We were looking at a lot of the kidco locks ones with the magnetic key or ones with the wrap around the handles in a canoe shape. Any tried and true childproof locks recomkended?
If you already have knobs on the cabinets you can use the one that fit over the knobs. http://www.amazon.com/Child-Safety-Cabinet-Latch-Color/dp/B005QU55EA

Wyldthingz

Savannah Super Cat
It also depends on how hard the cupboards are to open. My kitchen ones are inexpensive and easy but the better quality ones may not be an issue. I wouldn't bother until they start showing interest. Some Savannahs don't bother.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I am very relieved that my guys are interested in only 1 cabinet -- it's in the laundry room and we store our hiking shoes in it. Found all 3 of them in there one day, each one had his head pushed inside a boot. I just closed the door and walked away. Didn't want to know, just didn't want to know.

admin

Paige
Staff member
I feel so left out...my savannah cats do not get into any of this type of mischief...I must be doing something wrong ;)