Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Commemorating your soul-kitty.

M

MK Anderson

We lost Pergie our all white kitty (like yours) a few months back, I miss him so much :( ... I have a very nice wood box made with his ashes and name on it, in our corner hutch. Pergie loved being in our home and if he was ever taken out of the house he turned into the Devil lol . I thought about a piece of jewelery also, its very pretty.

Has anyone heard of these companies that turn your pets' ashes into crystals? Something like this: http://www.cremationsolutions.com/-Crystals-Made-from-The-Ashes-of-People-and-Pets-c148.html

Anyone had it done? Experiences, thoughts?

I admit that I have had my soul-kitty's ashes on display for about four years now. I'm feeling a little strange about it since it has been a few years, but could never bring myself to just "throw him away" and I don't want him to sit in a closet, unloved. I've had quite a few pets, and loved them all, but he was/is something special to me, and I just don't think I can ever really let him go. Something like this could be a good alternative?

View attachment 11119

Patti

Admin
Staff member
We lost Pergie our all white kitty (like yours) a few months back, I miss him so much :( ... I have a very nice wood box made with his ashes and name on it, in our corner hutch. Pergie loved being in our home and if he was ever taken out of the house he turned into the Devil lol . I thought about a piece of jewelery also, its very pretty.
Oh MK, I'm so sorry - I didn't know you'd lost Pergie! I know he was a very special kitty :cry:

D

Dantes

So sorry to hear about your Pergie :(. I swear there is something special about white kitties. Not that all kitties aren't special, just that the white ones seem to have an extra personality gene or something.

M

MK Anderson

Oh MK, I'm so sorry - I didn't know you'd lost Pergie! I know he was a very special kitty :cry:
Thank you very much Patti!!! It was the hardest thing I ever went through, worse than a human! I didnt talk or share about it, I couldn't, thats how hard it was on me. I think Keeba was very worried about me he didnt leave my side once!!! The sad part is Chloe is so happy now and attitude has change a lot ... I now know how much they hated each other :(.

M

MK Anderson

So sorry to hear about your Pergie :(. I swear there is something special about white kitties. Not that all kitties aren't special, just that the white ones seem to have an extra personality gene or something.

Thank you! And I totally agree, he was different in a lot of ways. I always called him my special child LOL[/quote]

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Thank you very much Patti!!! It was the hardest thing I ever went through, worse than a human! I didnt talk or share about it, I couldn't, thats how hard it was on me. I think Keeba was very worried about me he didnt leave my side once!!! The sad part is Chloe is so happy now and attitude has change a lot ... I now know how much they hated each other :(.
I know, and was wondering how the dynamics had changed with Pergie being gone. Hopefully there will be more peace in the home, although the heartbreak of the loss still weighs on you.