Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Contact information

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Phone calls can come at inconvenient times and tie you up for hours you simply don't have! Emails you can answer late at night. And even over a period of time if you need to answer multiple questions you can do it as you have time for it. I prefer getting through the important stuff to decide if a Savannah kitten is even right for that person before we spend time on the phone or let them come to my home.

My personal experience is that most that call rather than email have not done any research into the breed beyond seeing some pics and thinking they look cool. I end up spending hours educating them to be told that their budget is $200 and we agree that a kitty from the shelter is more in their budget. Or else I get abused for being so greedy to ask such high prices for a CAT.

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
Phone calls can come at inconvenient times and tie you up for hours you simply don't have! Emails you can answer late at night. And even over a period of time if you need to answer multiple questions you can do it as you have time for it. I prefer getting through the important stuff to decide if a Savannah kitten is even right for that person before we spend time on the phone or let them come to my home.

My personal experience is that most that call rather than email have not done any research into the breed beyond seeing some pics and thinking they look cool. I end up spending hours educating them to be told that their budget is $200 and we agree that a kitty from the shelter is more in their budget. Or else I get abused for being so greedy to ask such high prices for a CAT.

lol People ask me ALL THE TIME how much I paid for Kovu. When I tell them $1800 they flip out & are like WTH, ITS A CAT?! Then I get an ear full about how that could go to a rescue, ect. I thought $1800 was pretty reasonable, compared to some prices I've seen.

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
A few of them kind of calm down after they've seen him, like oh okay he is gorgeous, now I see why. Then they ask me to breed him so they can have free kitties & I'm like Uh, no way! lol

F1hybrids

Savannah Super Cat
I even got an email from my fruit loop today asking me for guess what my couch pictures and new videos. The text freak me out, I am nervous answering the phone now maybe is a crazy person and some one asking for an ocelot kitten or bobcat. Or like today lady called wanting to stud to my serval, yah..... no going to happen.

M

MK Anderson

I didn't tell anyone for a very long time what I paid, none of their business! Now most people know how much I love savannahs and cats, it doesn't faze them.

M

MK Anderson

I even got an email from my fruit loop today asking me for guess what my couch pictures and new videos. The text freak me out, I am nervous answering the phone now maybe is a crazy person and some one asking for an ocelot kitten or bobcat. Or like today lady called wanting to stud to my serval, yah..... no going to happen.

OMG! Okay, people are CRAZY!