Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Crazy Babies

• Thread starter americansafaricattery
  • Start date
A

americansafaricattery

My 5 Savannah babies have kept me so busy. The babies are so entertaining. I have been trying to keep them with the family as much as I can. We have had them in the house with us more often then in the "kitty" room. We are trying to get them prepared for their forever homes. I love watching them with our kids and with their parents. It does seem that Sirius (their dad) seems more interested and concerned with them than Sofia (their mom). That is interesting. They all have their own personalities. I love it. :) They are so crazy and I love how fluffy their tails get..

Linnea

Savannah Kitten
Orion has now been a member of our family for 2 months and does he keep me busy. His antics include: unravelling the toilet paper, helping to make the bed, trying to share the bath, stealing socks and hiding them, ripping up every piece of kleenex he can find, getting in the garbage, chasing the broom, wanting to play fetch just as I settle down to watch some TV at night, tearing around the house, waiting for someone to turn on water so he can play, riding the floatee in the pool and just providing lots of entertainment. He can play a bit rough at times and will latch onto my arm with all fours and teeth if he figures he needs more attention. He tends to be on top of everything but is learning that the table and counters are a No. He is doing well on the leash but tends to want to climb every tree he comes to. Luckily we live in the country and outside is a new adventure every day for him. If he hears the leash bell he comes running. I am so pleased with his personality but there has been a few times when I think I need a timeout room for myself.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Orion sounds like a typical Savannah, good luck with that time out for yourself!
If you are letting Orion ride on the floatee I hope you have taught him how to swim to the stairs so if he ever falls in accidently he'll know how to get himself out?

admin

Paige
Staff member
Orion sounds like an awesome boy! I would definitely worry abut him in the pool though!

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Orion sounds like a typical Savannah, good luck with that time out for yourself!
If you are letting Orion ride on the floatee I hope you have taught him how to swim to the stairs so if he ever falls in accidently he'll know how to get himself out?
Agreed, I have vague memories of a kitty death from something like that. Make sure Orion always has a way to get out...even if he's gotten to the pool when he's not supposed to be there!

Linnea

Savannah Kitten

Definitely knows how to get out and is never left to his own devices. I wanted to make sure that he was familiar with the pool in case he ever did manage to get away, especially since he seems to be such a water cat and of course was fascinated by that big tub.