Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Deterant smells for kitties

Kimmyqitty

Site Supporter
Copy that DChap! That's why we were thinking cinnamon. It may be worth a go to buy a small bottle, hold it up to their nose and see how they react first. If'n it don't make their eyes squint, we can always use it for the holidays:)

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I think that they say that cats don't like citrus oils, so you could try that.

I just know that we cannot have floral arrangements, real or otherwise out in the house. It's just too tempting for them... good luck!

Kimmyqitty

Site Supporter
Thanks Bridg, I was pretty fortunate with my last kitten, he only broke one glass vase with flowers while he was in training. The few glass vases we have are not expensive, maybe $10 or $15 bucks at Michaels. Easily replaceable. But, thanks for the good luck, I'm sure we will need all the luck and patience:)

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Earthquake gel/wax can be very useful... as long as your kitties don't take it as a personal challenge. Our third Savannah (Katie) would take a running leap and throw herself at vases glued down to the coffee table, she just knew it should tip over and make a mess!