Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Diarrhea and Peeing issues

Aaron

Savannah Super Cat
Gonna look into a UTI tomorrow at Vet. I have a feeling his Diarrhea (hopefully over it now) may be related or Correlated. Putting him back in his quarantine room for now until the issue is resolved and he's consistent with his litter boxes. Poor Guy.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Well, my first thought is that he's peed again on your daughter's bed, meaning that it still smells like a place to pee on. You need to not only wash the linens in the Anti-Icky-Poo when it comes, but treat the mattress as well. This may mean taking it outside and soaking it through and through. Also, make sure there are no down comforters or pillows on your daughter's bed - down is a pee magnet as far as cats are concerned. Finally, this is rather drastic, but I have had to do it myself - you can cover the bed with a waterproof tarp. It will undoubtedly deter him from peeing there because the pee will get on his paws when he is standing on it and cats don't like that. But even if he ignores this, it will still be an easy clean-up.

Evie

Savannah Super Cat
Gonna look into a UTI tomorrow at Vet. I have a feeling his Diarrhea (hopefully over it now) may be related or Correlated. Putting him back in his quarantine room for now until the issue is resolved and he's consistent with his litter boxes. Poor Guy.
Hi Aaron, I just wanted to write and say I am having the same peeing problems with my kitten. She went on my foster daughters bed last night. She had been running around the house with my other two cats before it happened and I was just steering her back to her quarantine room for the night when it happened. I have 3 litter trays in her room (after a couple of accidents) and haven't had any more problems in there but I think she got over excited and had held it too long? The guys on the forum have recommended cat Attract and I am looking for similar in the UK. I also have more trays around the house but its difficult to move everything that might be nice for a kitten to pee on isn't it? I am thinking that it will just be a matter of time - and some of these lovely cats seem to take bit longer to settle than others. Sorry that I can't come up with any other practical advice but I thought it might help you to know that you are not alone. I can't wait until my kitten is living full time as part of the family. Good luck :)

Aaron

Savannah Super Cat
Thank you! Same to u! I actually got some meds for a urinary infection in case its that.... if not it may be a behavioural thing. Trying everything