Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Digging at carpet at doors that need to remain closed

Patti

Admin
Staff member
I'm sure given the opportunity she would go after a skunk or a coon. You can put the toilet paper in the cabinet or in a Tupperware container so that she can't get to it.

Sunny

Loyal Servant
So far, sccat can downstairs is blocking all nosey felines and Isis from digging at the carpet. She will even avoid chasing her spongey balls for fetch if it lands in the immediate area around the can.

Upstairs is still a struggle, blocking off the guest bedroom door during the night and when not at home. It's just carpet there. I don't want to place a can here too because they will completely avoid that room and attention from my brother for pets and love in the afternoon.

I don't lock her in the bathroom, instead I keep the place locked up except for 2 in crack in two windows out of feline reach downstairs and 2 in cracks in the upstairs windows. It gets warmer then I like by blocking the breeze, but they can't force their way out any longer. It's now a prison. The A/C is helpful in a pinch for warmer nights in the master bedroom... with 300+ sq ft and 14ft ceilings on the 2nd floor with no ventilation it can get a bit warm even for the mild summers!