Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Does your Savannah Cat Hate Vet Visits?

admin

Paige
Staff member
Rescue Remedy works pretty well for some cats...didn't work for Zuri though. However, my vet has often suggested valerian or something similar, so I may try one of the other flower remedies...

K

Kronos

When Solo had bad anxiety I tried bach's flower remedy.... didn't work.

Kronos doesn't hate the vet, he enjoys getting out. He just hates having his temp taken...

admin

Paige
Staff member
Zuri never used to hate the vet, but she had had it yesterday...too many people, too many cats in the waiting room and there had been an emergency, so for the first time we had to wait almost an hour. By the time we went into the exam room, she was pissed...I used to take her out all the time and need to start doing that again...I prefer not to give anything to her, but anxiety and stress is not good for them either, so is a catch-22...

Julie

Savannah Super Cat
Rescue Remedy works pretty well for some cats...didn't work for Zuri though. However, my vet has often suggested valerian or something similar, so I may try one of the other flower remedies...

The ingredients are 27% alcohol, so all I ended up with was drunk cats. Nice and calm but Miracle layed on the floor looking at the pet store ceiling.

K

Kronos

The ingredients are 27% alcohol, so all I ended up with was drunk cats. Nice and calm but Miracle layed on the floor looking at the pet store ceiling.

And the pet formulas don't have any alcohol in them... which is the one I tried for Solo which did absolutely nothing. I still used the entire bottle, and put the drops on his tongue daily. No results. I ended up getting him some anti anxiety medication from the vet called Amitryptaline and that did work. His cure was getting him a companion. Solo has been medication free for over a year now!

Julie

Savannah Super Cat
And the pet formulas don't have any alcohol in them... which is the one I tried for Solo which did absolutely nothing. I still used the entire bottle, and put the drops on his tongue daily. No results. I ended up getting him some anti anxiety medication from the vet called Amitryptaline and that did work. His cure was getting him a companion. Solo has been medication free for over a year now!

Well that's funny, the bottle from my vet says active ingerdient 27% alcohol in it. So not sure which you found without any. Might try that since it worked for my boys, not sure though if it was the alcohol or the rest of the ingredients.

Edit: found there site, my vet sells the regular not the "pet" verson.

Trish Allearz

We used Rescue Remedy at two cat shows (both times for a grumpy F1 that was on exhibition). It didn't work for us- LOL. But I know a lot of people who swear by it!

admin

Paige
Staff member
I used Rescue Remedy as well at shows and it didn't work...but it seems to work for less high strung cats...it worked for my friend's selkirik and devon rex...

Now, here is a trick - an old wive's tale...put a bit of vanilla on the nose...it worked for a while on Zuri...