Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Dropping toys in the water

1ststatestereo

Savannah Super Cat
Hello,
My 7 month old boy is constantly dropping his toys into his water. The problem this is causing is that the toys quickly get stinky. I have to wash them constantly.

Is this normal?

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Is there anything truly "normal' about our Savannahs? ;) Rafiki water boards her toys all the time (along with full rolls of toilet paper, socks, etc.). Her large rat toy has been water boarded so many times we now call him Sewer Rat. We need to keep the toilet lid down at all times - unfortunately, the hubby is as difficult to train as the cat.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Yes this is pretty typical behavior for some (but not all) Savannahs. My biggest worry has always been bleeding dyes, but hopefully the cat toys we purchase are all made of non-toxic materials.