Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Elite Savannah

cbain

Site Supporter
The breeder that I got my 2 savannahs from offers kittens that are F1 and exceptionally well marked as Elite Savannahs and they don't come cheap, they are high end show cats, we have 2 F3 savannah cats and people stop in their tracks to admire them, they are very smart and friendly and we enjoy them. I think soon you will have one and know what I mean.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Thanks for the answer... Right now, I just want 1 F3... So far, I have only found one breeder that has exactly what I want... Been trying to look in this forum to find someone who breeds F3's, but have not had much luck... Maybe an F3 breeder could Private Message me their website.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
The breeder that I got my 2 savannahs from offers kittens that are F1 and exceptionally well marked as Elite Savannahs and they don't come cheap, they are high end show cats, we have 2 F3 savannah cats and people stop in their tracks to admire them, they are very smart and friendly and we enjoy them. I think soon you will have one and know what I mean.

Thanks for the reply... What I am looking for in a kitten is a talker, trainable, and loveable... I want a kitten that will do crazy things and keep me wonder what is next. Where I do like the spots, ears, and facial expressions, I am primarily looking for a pet for me. My family is myself and my dog, and was Sylvester who was a great fantastic tabby that actually made phone calls and would talk to who ever answered... and I mean it just the way stated... He talked on the phone... Once he called one of my customers. She said hello, and he said "Meow", she said hello, and he said "Meow", and then my wife at the time answered the phone... He actually redialed my customer and sat down to talk to her.... Where I want a very smart talkative Savannah, I do not necessarily want one that will take my cell phone and call people :)

Lori Greer

Cahaba Cats
Terms like "Elite" are nothing more than marketing and typically come with inflated prices for the same thing another breeder has for a fraction of the cost. Don't get fooled in to thinking they are something special and paying for 1 cat what you could purchase 2 equally nice kittens for. I see a breeder that I find unsavory is now charging 14,000 for F2 kittens. I could find you 3 equally flashy F2 kittens for that same money. I personally would not pay a penny more than 3,000 for a pet F3 but you need to be in love with whichever kitten you decide to purchase, and of course it's your money to spend. Just don't get ripped off.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Terms like "Elite" are nothing more than marketing and typically come with inflated prices for the same thing another breeder has for a fraction of the cost. Don't get fooled in to thinking they are something special and paying for 1 cat what you could purchase 2 equally nice kittens for. I see a breeder that I find unsavory is now charging 14,000 for F2 kittens. I could find you 3 equally flashy F2 kittens for that same money. I personally would not pay a penny more than 3,000 for a pet F3 but you need to be in love with whichever kitten you decide to purchase, and of course it's your money to spend. Just don't get ripped off.

Thanks for the info... I am Budgeting $2500 (not including shipping) and from the site that I have been looking at they seem to have exactly what I am looking for. As far as falling in love with the kitten... that is the easy part. I have more love and respect for my dog and cat that just passed than most humans I know...

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Thanks for the reply... What I am looking for in a kitten is a talker, trainable, and loveable... I want a kitten that will do crazy things and keep me wonder what is next. Where I do like the spots, ears, and facial expressions, I am primarily looking for a pet for me. My family is myself and my dog, and was Sylvester who was a great fantastic tabby that actually made phone calls and would talk to who ever answered... and I mean it just the way stated... He talked on the phone... Once he called one of my customers. She said hello, and he said "Meow", she said hello, and he said "Meow", and then my wife at the time answered the phone... He actually redialed my customer and sat down to talk to her.... Where I want a very smart talkative Savannah, I do not necessarily want one that will take my cell phone and call people :)

I have kittens that are very high in personality and fun craziness but they aren't F3s...

I had to change our phone system to one where they couldn't walk on the keypad of the base and answer the phone because it was happening too much, LOL! They are so interested when the phone rings and then the answering machine picks it up and they hear someone's voice :)

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member

F1s are not "show cats" because they are not show eligible. To be a bonafide show cat a Savannah has to be SBT registered, hence F4 or further.

Definitely there are some very expensive Savannahs priced out there for those that are willing to pay for it.... and you are probably right that it is the markings that have lead that breeder to price it higher. Which is funny, as in terms of showing the pattern is not as important as features such as the ears or eye shape or length of leg...

admin

Paige
Staff member

Carl, you cannot show F1's or F2's and Elite or Supreme is just a marketing tool to take more of your money IMO!

cbain

Site Supporter
hey all. I am not a savannah cat breeder and never will be, but I do enjoy the 2 savannahs that we have and just voiced my view