Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Elsa's 1 Week Anniversary

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Today is Elsa's 1 week anniversay and she now weighs 2 lbs 8 ounces, gaining almost 1/2 lb. She is 2" longer at 7.5" shoulder to tail and 1/4" taler to 6". She is definetly a growing little girl. We had an easy and not really that active of a day today... We all took a nap this afternoon, and Jake and Elsa obviously got up before me... When I woke, Jake was sleeping in the closet... Expecting the worst wondering what she could have gotten into, I also found her sleeping as well...
ElsaSleeping.jpg

She also spent some of her time today watching TV

She spent over 20 minutes watching TV before Jake came by and wanted to play... Se decided that would rather play. The video is only 30 seconds long,a and the audio is quite poor... She is moving her head quite a bit as we are fairly close to the TV which is 55" big screen.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I've been hitting the refresh button all day waiting for my daily dose of Elsa. :in love: She is definitely looking bigger & cuter if that's even possible.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
One week already?! She is a growing girl, and sooo sweet!! :in love:

Definitely growing and getting more talkative.. After my post and a quite day... She and Jake started playing and went round and round for about 2 hours... She would chase Jake and then Jake would chase her... Quite funny... But they are getting along great. After that, I was watching TV, and Elsa came up and laid down beside me and slept for about an hour and 1/2... Getting ready to go to bed, and I am afraid that it was a mistake to let her sleep as I think it recharged her batteries... And just as I mention that she comes up to help me type....

I cannot speak for all Savannah Kittens, but she has the softest fur of any Cat or Kitten that I have ever seen... Hard to keep from petting her... I also think from time to time that she is going to be a part time lap cat as she takes time out on my lap and likes to be held... But when Jake gets moving around or shows interest she returns in kind to him so to speak... They are being great Brother and Sister...

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Mayhem will watch Big Cat Diaries on Animal Planet. He likes Cats 101 on occasion.
Curiously I discover he does not like lions, but Cheetahs, Leopards, and Servals, are all tops in his book.

Really nice to see Elsa can expend her energy on Jake. It's healthy for the both of them!

Last edited:

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Mayhem will watch Big Cat Diaries on Animal Planet. He likes Cats 101 on occasion.
Curiously I discover he does not like lions, but Cheetahs, Leopards, and Servals, are all tops in his book.

Really nice to see Elsa can expend her energy on Jake. It's healthy for the both of them!

It was funny to see them both sleeping after they played.. Jake on the floor by the TV and Elsa came up to sleep by me while watching tv.. They play good together. Sometimes I have to call Jake down because he gets a little too rough, but he is doing better with that now as he has learned more of what not too do.

Elsa likes to watch anything just about... But the funny thing is, she does not like to see kittens on TV... The Kitten Bowl she went off. She watched the commercials with great intent, and just as soon as the kittens came back on she went off again... Not sure why... She certainly started her life being around a few of them.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Elsa is so adorable! I love how you are holding her and she is so content. Zeddie was neeeever like that