Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Elsa's first Vet Visit

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
She got a good bill of health from the vet, and she had fun with it... Not to mention, she stole some hearts to boot... Also, Elsa is getting harder and harder to get pictures of... You will see what I mean at the end of the video.. Enjoy.

admin

Paige
Staff member
LOL, John! Great video! Uh...did you set up a camera at the vet? And what camera do you use that takes such good indoor video?

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
LOL, John! Great video! Uh...did you set up a camera at the vet? And what camera do you use that takes such good indoor video?

The simple answer is yes and no... I had a GoPro 3 (silver version) attached to the front grill of the cat carrier. When I brought her out I left the camera running with the door open in the angle. The doctor knew it was running.

Note the Black is better than the Silver. Don't get the white version, it is not that good and blurrs in movements.

admin

Paige
Staff member
The simple answer is yes and no... I had a GoPro 3 (silver version) attached to the front grill of the cat carrier. When I brought her out I left the camera running with the door open in the angle. The doctor knew it was running.

Note the Black is better than the Silver. Don't get the white version, it is not that good and blurrs in movements.

I really like the GoPro video cameras...have been looking at them for a while...I have a dropcam for my kitten room, but may set up a couple of more cameras when my next litter is born for streaming live

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
I really like the GoPro video cameras...have been looking at them for a while...I have a dropcam for my kitten room, but may set up a couple of more cameras when my next litter is born for streaming live

Keep in mind that the GoPro's can stream, but they are not setup for it... they are primarily for recording in HD.

Mischief

Savannah Super Cat
John, You and Elsa almost look like you 2 were dancing towards the end. She is so precious.

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
How funny you brought a camera! Did you get laughs from the vet team? Now I am feeling a bit guilty as I didn't take so much as a picture for my human children's first doctor visit. I couldn't imagine what it would be like juggling a camera as well as dealing with Kovu Knieval at the vets. He feels he should inspect everything, to include tops of cabinets, inside cabinets when they get opened, drawers, you name it. The polar opposite of Nyah who just wants it over!

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
How funny you brought a camera! Did you get laughs from the vet team? Now I am feeling a bit guilty as I didn't take so much as a picture for my human children's first doctor visit. I couldn't imagine what it would be like juggling a camera as well as dealing with Kovu Knieval at the vets. He feels he should inspect everything, to include tops of cabinets, inside cabinets when they get opened, drawers, you name it. The polar opposite of Nyah who just wants it over!

Juggling.... Never... I used a GOPRO camera, mounted on the front of the carrier... When I swung the door open, the camera continued to operate... I told the doctor is was there.... I don't think anyone else had a clue.

DSC_0003.JPG
This is the camera that I used, measures 2 1/4 X 1 1/2, so it is pretty small...

DSC_0003-1.JPG
Mounted to the front grill of the carrier, that I way I can video her actions while driving. You will note that I had some assistance with the photo....

DSC_0004.JPG
left camera running with the door open.