Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

enclosure questions

R

rollinridge

One suggestion - if you ever planning on having kittens - you will need a smaller hole size than what chain link is - mischevous, roaming kittens can squeeze through ANYTHING! So better to invest in something smaller upfront.

M

macmanmatty

One suggestion - if you ever planning on having kittens - you will need a smaller hole size than what chain link is - mischevous, roaming kittens can squeeze through ANYTHING! So better to invest in something smaller upfront.

Hello I am buying galavinized chain link fence and then covering that with chicken wire which I have lots of. This will help avoid many problems including mating through the fence. Also the female side of the enclosure will have run up to the house so she can have kittens inside.

R

rollinridge

Chicken wire is a good size & the way it sounds like it is coming along. Your dh will do a fantastic job of putting the two together. (Don't forget to chicken wire to top too).

Angie Panczak

Savannah Super Cat
I used chicken wire for my stud house. It seems plenty to keep
Him in. I also
Have trees and ramps and tunnels to keep him entertained.

M

macmanmatty

There will be plenty of ramps and trees I also plan to put in a fountain on each side for even more fun. The top of the enclosure will be the underneath of our hose so no wire needed from the cement slab to the top of out house is 8ft so the enclosure will be 8 ft high

M

macmanmatty

i am going to use 4ft rolls of 11.5 ga wire and double up to 8ft.

MF-boy

Savannah Child
View attachment 5124 View attachment 5125 View attachment 5123
There is a shelf at the window level, so he can go in and out, we plan to put another shelf as a step; so far it is a board on top of the ladder which he climbs onto. The slight roof overhang and the evergreen shrubs give him some shelter from the rain, and for the shade we put over a sheet made of this ruffled plastic roofing material (will have to take off for the winter, as it wont' hold the snow).

the door in one of the the kennel panels allows us to go in to mow the grass, replace toys, etc.

there is also a motion-activated water fountain, so he has water to play with :) And I have a bird feeder outside but close enough,so he can watch the birds.

It is attached to the front side of the house, so he has entertainment as cars drive by, people jog and walk their dogs, and so on. View attachment 5125 View attachment 5123 View attachment 5124