Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Hairless Genetics (or Sphynx for Dumbies)

Wild Tafari

Savannah Super Cat
Notice the YouTube channel and video associated with the kijiji ad, along with the comments already posted there underneath the video. ;) It's a scam. For one, this person claims they are "rare" hairless African Serval kittens in her ad when clearly, a serval bred with a domestic is an F1. Yet she says they are more rare than an F1. What a joke.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAPqe5b3Z88&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
Genetics are genetics- look at my chart up above and tell me- is this litter real? Don't look at the spots- look at the genetics behind the breeding.

Fully haired African Serval (who clearly did not have hairless parents or grandparents or greatgrandparents- I'm pretty sure that would be a big deal if there are hairless Servals) bred to a naked cat... How would the hairless genetics work?

I'm trying to educate ya'll to be able to call bull when you see it ;)

Wild Tafari

Savannah Super Cat
By the way... I noticed the video was removed that I posted a link to in regards to this scam.

And yes, Trish, thank you very much for the educational post. It is much appreciated anytime! :up:

By the way... I noticed the video was removed that I posted a link to in regards to this scam.

And yes, Trish, thank you very much for the educational post. It is much appreciated anytime! :up:
Awesome! Good job, everyone! Really- sometimes, it is about just educating people- and that goes for breeders too... I have no doubt someone could easily assume they have a rare litter of hairless kitties if they are not educated on the genetics behind it- and they refuse to look into it further.