Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Hello All!

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
Hi Dinah and welcome! I think it is fair to say we ALL feel the way you do about our SVs :) Locked and padded rooms are not necessary here, lol. Glad you found us.

To find answers to your questions, the search box is in the upper right hand corner on the main page, below your avatar.

We would love to see pics and details about your girl!

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Welcome Dinah! Congrats on finding the purrfect furry friend to add to your family...what is your girl's name? What gen is she? We need pictures!!!

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Welcome Dinah, we're glad you're here, but where are the pics of your baby? And I don't think you mentioned her name?

Dinah Russell

Savannah Kitten
I don't know how to upload pictures from my phone to anything, so I can't show pictures. I'm computer challenged. But, I will be visiting my friends in Arizona in a few weeks and they do know how. I will ask them to post some for me. I don't know what generation she is. I took one look at that sweet face and never bothered opening her papers. Thank you, for reminding me. I need to do that. I believe Susan, the breeder of my baby, of Majestic Savannahs told me but everything went right out of my mind when baby strolled out of her crate, put her nose against mine and looked into my eyes. I think music was playing in the background and I vaguely remember voices saying you are now under my total control. I have been a very independent female for the last 30 years, but for some reason I am putty in the paws of this little angel. Whatever she wants, she can have.

I was going to name baby either: "The Silver Rose of Texas" and call her "Rose" or "Pretty Little Angel Girl" and call her "Angel." When I couldn't decide on either name, I called her "Baby," because she is the "Baby" of the family. Within 24 hours, she was answering to the name "Baby." Now, I don't know if I can change her name to not. She is brilliant, so I think she could easily learn to answer to another name, but I don't want to confuse her or upset her.

I want to get a second Savannah, now that I know first hand how truly amazing they are. But, I am in the process of moving from Florida to Arizona at the end of this month. I would rather wait until I am settled in my new home before I bring in another fur baby, and Baby doesn't believe I am sufficiently trained yet to bring another "Baby" into our home. Baby is silver and black. I would like our next one to be an orange. I also want to learn more about this wonderful breed before I become a two Savannah slave. I have read about Savannahs for years. The personality of the breed is what drew me to them. The articles I read under stated their magic.

I am going to depend on the folks here to teach me how to make sure my Baby doesn't turn into a brat and a tyrant because she is so spoiled. Though, her disposition is so sweet, I can't imagine her morphing into a brat. I also want to learn what she should be eating, how to keep her as healthy as possible, what toys safe for her, etc. I have learned that she hates being left alone. So, I now take her with me wherever I go. She loves to ride in the car, but wants to ride on my instead of harnesses to her raised car seat. How do you handle that? I hate it when she cries.

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
Manthameow, you were looking for a good reason for a savannah? Dinah Russel pretty much said it all.
Dinah, I'm glad you found this site, because you fit in perfectly!!

Patti

Admin
Staff member
everything went right out of my mind when baby strolled out of her crate, put her nose against mine and looked into my eyes. I think music was playing in the background and I vaguely remember voices saying you are now under my total control. I have been a very independent female for the last 30 years, but for some reason I am putty in the paws of this little angel. Whatever she wants, she can have.
LOL, Dinah you have definitely been bitten by the Savannah bug! Welcome to the club!!!