Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Hello everyone!

piplove2829

Savannah Adult
And my advice u don't want that 500 dollar one breeding a mixed f2 with all those other cats does not make an f5. If ud like to message me I can give u information. There are a lot of people out there just trying to make money so be careful.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

sacred

Savannah Super Cat
A local breeder had an f2 savannah that was mixed with chausie and bengal. And then she bred with Maine coon she said they were at least f5 kittens. I got confused somewhere along the lines but it looked like a miniature cougar and for 500$ I wouldn't really want what seemed like a mutt kitten. She described as very skittish and was a runt of the litter. Given almost all of my pets in the past have ironically been the runt of the litter and they were babied more therefore were very affectionate. I didn't get a good vibe from her. why would she breed with all those different cats? and she does 1 litter a year of these. And I'm not banking on my future kitten getting along with my rabbits it would be nice but it's not necessary. only time will tell.

Bekki - For a later generation kitten I strongly suggest you look no further than Bridgette Cowell who you already have the very good fortune to be talking to on this thread. She has produced some of the best later generation SBT's I've ever seen and, at the least, she can make some solid recommendations for you in private if she has no suitable litters in your timeframe.

In the case of Savannah's - you get what you pay for - and while there's a little wiggle room these really aren't cheap cats.

Kristin

Animal Communicator
exactly I'm in no hurry but I am every bit thirsty for knowledge and I want to know I found "the one" it's like finding your soulmate you just know when it happens and I will wait for however long I need to for that. Everything sort of falls into place, there's no forcing. When you have to make something happen in a time frame things get rushed you make rash decisions and regret the outcome. And are you familiar with animal reiki? It really helps calm pets helps relieve stress and pain. When my hedgehog caught a nasty virus that after 4 weeks took its toll. I used reiki to help him to eat, drink and be able to sleep. it's defiantly something worth looking into if your cat seems distressed or in pain. Works wonders on humans too lol

I do reiki as well ;) I've seen some pretty cool effects...although Zeddie really can't sit still long enough for a treatment.

I know you will find a breeder that meshes with you, and the perfect kitty. You can reiki the situation too, if you are unsure :)

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
Exactly Kristen, what master ship do you have 1 and 2? and when I'm trying to do a session on a friend or family member my bun silus goes nuts, makes noise runs around to get my attention like look at me when's my turn. I know the other day I did reiki because I was doing anot of research on sv and I got flustered and just said if I'm meant to have a savannah cat then give me a sign. That say I had a really good day at work ( I get paid commission) and my boyfriend brought up how he's always wanted a savannah cat, randomly and he has no idea I've been looking.coincedence or fate? Lol

Bekki

Savannah Super Cat
I have looked at amanucatz and book marked it for later actually . And brigette has definitely won over some of my trust so far. I appreciate all the help! And the willing to teach a bit. =]

Kristin

Animal Communicator
Exactly Kristen, what master ship do you have 1 and 2? and when I'm trying to do a session on a friend or family member my bun silus goes nuts, makes noise runs around to get my attention like look at me when's my turn. I know the other day I did reiki because I was doing anot of research on sv and I got flustered and just said if I'm meant to have a savannah cat then give me a sign. That say I had a really good day at work ( I get paid commission) and my boyfriend brought up how he's always wanted a savannah cat, randomly and he has no idea I've been looking.coincedence or fate? Lol

I am just finishing up my Level 2, then I am going to be doing my Masters. That is so adorable that your bun wants some. Whenever I do reiki on someone else, Zeddie just asks me a million questions and distracts me lol. "Who are you reiki'ing?" "Why?" "Who is that?" "How do you know them?" It goes on until I tell her to be quiet and I will answer her questions later lol...she is just trying to help but oi!!

The day that I realized Savannahs existed I asked my parents for one (mostly joking). I am a huge Africa nerd, and the idea of having a serval hybrid blew my mind. My parents told me that if I stopped dogsitting (something I had been doing for about 3 years), and got rid of my rabbit (which they knew I would never do) I could get a savannah. My rabbit passed away that night. I was obviously devastated and wouldn't have traded her for a savannah, but wow! It was time for her to move on and Zeddie to move in.

As I continued my search I was pretty set on getting an F3, but for timing purposes was also keeping an eye on my breeder's F4s. I had a dream about the litter on May 19th, which was when the kittens were born. My breeder sent me pictures when they were about 2 weeks old. I looked at them still pretty set on an F3 but the second I saw Zeddie's face I knew she was mine. It took awhile to convince my parents, but it all worked out in the end

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
Welcome, Bekki! We may end up confusing the heck out of people! You have come to the right place for advice, I can't tell you how much I have learned and how fantastic everyone has been to me as I worked through my SV journey.

edited to add: The breeders on this site and listed in the directory are great. When I purchased my second, I was impressed by every breeder I contacted from the site and wouldn't have hesitated to purchase a kitten from any of them.

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I thought she had meant had the kitten with other animals while flying with them. I misinterpreted. I had no idea you could take a kitten on board. Mind blown. do you just keep the carrier on your lap?
No, the carrier must go under the seat in front of you...and generally you pay for the privilege of losing your leg space AND one of your carry-on items :-( Nevertheless, the kitten is then always within reach...