Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Hello!

DumaLove

Site Supporter
Staff member
image.jpg
It
I love how duma your avatar cat looks, is she/he an f2? I'd like a kitten like her/him
Yes Duma is an F2B from a small cattery named HP Savannahs. We love him so much we have his little sister now too!! My avatar picture hasn't been updated so he's young there. He just turned a year old and is 24 lbs.

Kovu + kanu

Savannah Adult
View attachment 18411
Yes Duma is an F2B from a small cattery named HP Savannahs. We love him so much we have his little sister now too!! My avatar picture hasn't been updated so he's young there. He just turned a year old and is 24 lbs.
Wow he is huge!! So amazing. That's what I want something similar. If I wanted a Bengal I could of bought a Bengal I suppose. I guess since I'm new into this and didn't research much, I got screwed

DumaLove

Site Supporter
Staff member
Yes Duma is exceptionally large, even for an F2 male. Size is never a guarantee. And you live and learn. It's hard not to fall in love with EVERY kitten you see. Just take your time and research the breeder you are looking at. And ask for references from previous buyers. Best of luck to you!!

dice

Site Supporter
Sue Armstrong from Amara Savannahs has F2s right now and some litters coming up... She is the breeder to several of the F1s and F2s you see here on the forum

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Agree, Sue has a couple F2 boys available that are extremely adorable. Can Purrsonally attest to the quality of her cats, and the sociability of my 2 F2's that I have adopted from her.

Purrsonally can't believe her latest have not been snapped up immediately. F2 boy's

Rafiki

Site Supporter
What breeder did you get your F3 from? He is a very nice looking kitten. We got our Savannah when our Pixie-Bob was 5 months old and it seemed like the perfect age to introduce the kittens to each other. They were best buddies from the moment that the door opened to signify that quarantine was over!

Does the location of the breeder make much of a difference? Are you willing to either fly out and get the kitten or have it shipped? I am sure that the folks on this site can guide you to some great breeders with gorgeous kittens.

Trish Allearz

Remember that what has most of us addicted to savannahs is the over-the-top personality. I would be primarily concerned with the personality over how much resemblance to a serval. The kitten is not "typey" but is definitely cute. He looks like he will have a much heavier build than your average savannah. Not all breeders breed for the savannah look - many add Bengal to the mix and it results in gorgeous cats. The cats are just not as tall, lanky and big-eared.

The several times that I was at my breeder's house, he always had at least 2 or more of the F1 and F2 savannahs wandering around and I was able to interact with them. His cats are not kept in cages. They weren't overly friendly - more or less checked us out and went on with their play, but they were not hostile. F1s often communicate thru hissing and I saw very quickly the difference between the conversational hiss of the serval-variety versus the angry pissed off hiss of one! I did not meet the mother of my cat and I would not expect a cat with kittens or one that had just weaned her kittens to be friendly but all of his other cats were fine with being touched and petted. So I guess one question I would ask is was he able to interact with his cats or were they standoffish with him as well?
I hate to say it, but I disagree. I think when purchasing a Savannah-- particularly paying the amount being asked for most F1s-F3s, people SHOULD expect and want not only a personable sweet cat, but also a cat that LOOKS like a Savannah. Why drop 8K on a kitten which looks like a Bengal? Why not pay $1500 to a reputable Bengal breeder? Know what I'm saying? :)

Trish Allearz

Even if the stud has Geoffrey in him, it'd have to be significant generations back to make him an F5 Savannah-- that's no excuse. He has a very domestic face to him-- the baby. The spots are nice and I like his coat, but other than that-- I see nothing that would make me go googly-eyed. If you are in love with him-- that'd be different. Then YOU would already be googly-eyed and wouldn't matter what anyone else said.

Kovu + kanu

Savannah Adult
What breeder did you get your F3 from? He is a very nice looking kitten. We got our Savannah when our Pixie-Bob was 5 months old and it seemed like the perfect age to introduce the kittens to each other. They were best buddies from the moment that the door opened to signify that quarantine was over!

Does the location of the breeder make much of a difference? Are you willing to either fly out and get the kitten or have it shipped? I am sure that the folks on this site can guide you to some great breeders with gorgeous kittens.
My f3 boy is from taran/domestic wild cats in southern California. I had a great experience with her and her kitten i bought is amazing!! I can't say enough about him. I do prefer to do local.

Kovu + kanu

Savannah Adult
I was able to get my money back. Now looking at other breeders. I have been in contact with Cynthia from exotic hybrid cats in las Vegas. I am interested in one of her kittens, she requires me to deposit a down payment to her acct. But I am wary as I have never done business that way. Can anyone vouch for exotic hybrid cats? I do like her kitten. I just want to feel safe wiring thousands of dollars to hold a kitten. Please help! Thanks