Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

How I'm sleeping these days

ZahrasHuman

Savannah Super Cat
Can you even imagine what it would be like with mama-Tinker instead? Isn't she around 30 lbs?
Ha! I can't even imagine. She did not really seem like the bed cuddling type to me, but that may have had something to do with the fact that I was taking one of her babies :eek:

Rafiki

Site Supporter
I would not take a kitten from Tinker! She is absolutely magnificent but I would not want to be on the receiving end of motherly concern!

sacred

Savannah Super Cat
I would not take a kitten from Tinker! She is absolutely magnificent but I would not want to be on the receiving end of motherly concern!
Funny enough, we actually were on the receiving end of motherly concern. After a few minutes, ZahrasHuman carefully reached out to pet a kitten who was standing on a chair at the kitchen table and Tinker lunged in between ZahrasHuman and the kitten and rather authoritatively slammed her front paws on the chair. Scared the bejeezus out of the poor kitten, but it was definitely a motherly/protective act, and appropriate given Tinker's likely perspective on the whole thing.

Last edited:

Rafiki

Site Supporter
If I remember correctly, Tinker is the cat that does not like Sandy when she has kittens. She will lunge at Sandy and get within an inch of her face and GROWL. I don't believe she has ever followed thru on these threats but I sure would back away from the kittens mighty quick if I was confronted that way. :eek:

ZahrasHuman

Savannah Super Cat
If I remember correctly, Tinker is the cat that does not like Sandy when she has kittens. She will lunge at Sandy and get within an inch of her face and GROWL. I don't believe she has ever followed thru on these threats but I sure would back away from the kittens mighty quick if I was confronted that way. :eek:
She is a gorgeous girl, but don't mess with her :)