Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many times has this happen with your savannahs?

Becki

Savannah Super Cat
Does anyone else's SV cat have an issue with fingernail files? My Kilifi gets all upset when I try to file my nails. She grabs the file and tries to chew it up. And she licks my fingernails. It almost seems like she thinks the file is hurting me and she is protecting me.. It's cute, but a little bit of pain.
Nyah loves nail files. I have to shut myself behind 2 closed doors and file quick, or forget it. She is going to grab that thing and I will have to wrestle it back!

Rafiki

Site Supporter
Nyah loves nail files. I have to shut myself behind 2 closed doors and file quick, or forget it. She is going to grab that thing and I will have to wrestle it back!
But does she do her own nails? Has she offered to do yours?

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Mine seem to love the smell of filed nails... they don't want an unused nail file, but once i've filed my nails they want it and will rub on it and chew it. I don't see it as them upset as much as really into it...

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
OK. So I guess my Kilifi is not such a strange kitty. Maybe it is the smell of the filed nails. hmmm cool.

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
See. Now that's why I like this place. I have others who have similar situations with their kids. Makes me feel like I am not doing something wrong with mine. :)

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Mine seem to love the smell of filed nails... they don't want an unused nail file, but once i've filed my nails they want it and will rub on it and chew it. I don't see it as them upset as much as really into it...

The reason that she likes the used ones from you is it has your scent.. I would imagine if you got one from someone she does not know she probably would not want it.