Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

How to fund raise or similar

admin

Paige
Staff member
Hey, these are all great ideas! Greta, I hope all your health issues resolve and you both feel much better sooner than later!

Anne

Savannah Super Cat
You may even try making some scratching posts for cats ... but I guess the question is whether you can make them, cover your costs, and still have a few dollars left over and be able to keep the price low enough that people will buy them :) My father makes them and puts them in my Aunts store (she sells pet food and supplies) ... something else he makes is small steps that people will buy ... they consist of usually 2-3 steps and they are about a foot and a half wide, he covers them in carpet. People will buy these mainly for their dogs who are getting older and find it hard to get into bed, or vehicles, or couches etc ... good luck!

Anne

Savannah Super Cat
If I had a picture of them I'd upload so you have an idea ... I thought he was crazy making these steps at first, but my Aunt has people who ask for them. It makes sense though for a older pet so they don't hurt themselves trying to get on and off the bed :)

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
If I had a picture of them I'd upload so you have an idea ... I thought he was crazy making these steps at first, but my Aunt has people who ask for them. It makes sense though for a older pet so they don't hurt themselves trying to get on and off the bed :)
My beagle needs them, he just never could jump high (which we use to our advantage to keep the kitty food and litterboxes out of his reach), but his back has caused trouble for him. At a couple points in time he hasn't been able to walk... acupuncture and the chiropractor keeps him moving now, but he just shouldn't strain his back trying to jump. And he absolutely NEEDS to sleep on the bed with us at night, he is miserable and thinks he is being punished if he's not allowed to join the pack on the bed. Pet stairs are essential for him so he can get on the bed, on the couch etc...

It's likely a great way to appeal to dog owners as well as cat owners with the scratching posts...