Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

How you deal with your cat when you have to travel?

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Different cats respond differently to travel - some cats love to travel, others hate it and scream the entire time. Either way, it is stressful on the body which can lead to other issues (illness, etc.). If Percy seems to enjoy traveling you can certainly try it and see how he does. It is not easy (or cheap!) to travel with a cat, but it is doable, and the more you do it the quicker you fall into a routine.

Going to a pet hotel is also stressful, probably as stressful as traveling because he is with strangers, but a reputable pet hotel that caters to cats will take good care of him.

Have you checked to see if there are any sitters in your area through Rover? They cater mostly to dogs, but some list that they will care for cats as well, especially if they come to your house, rather than you bringing your cat to theirs. You can check it out at www.rover.com I use them all the time for my dog when I go out of town - my cats take care of themselves.... ;)

DougRD

Site Supporter
If you do plan on taking Percy with you, make sure it’s legal to have an early generation savannah where you are going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk