Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just wanna say... A random comments thread

Vito

Site Supporter
Is 24 lbs healthy weight for a 3 year old male..
His sister is @ a steady 16lbs, they both sleep play etc the same but he does run his wheel more
He doesn't look fat..his sister looks a little flabby tho..
She still jumps floor to the top of the doors.. He doesn't jump much and more..

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
What generation is he, I'm afraid I've forgotten?

Vito

Site Supporter
He is a pretty tall cat and doesn't look fat at all, I don't think there any definite weight guides for savs , it's always said that the lower gens are bigger but that's not always the case, I know of some f7s and f8s that are massive, and I know of an f2male who only weighs 14lbs so Savannah weights are a bit of a lottery really, but your boy looks tall, lean and very well proportioned to me, 24lbs is a decent weight but your big chap carries it well.

Hippy

Site Supporter
He is very tall legs like a runway model. And he is all muscle he runs his wheel at least from what I can tell 4 hours a day..
Just don't want exrra stress on his joints..
Thanks for the reply

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Vito

Site Supporter
He sounds like quite the athlete :) You could give him some joint supplements that contain chondroitin and glucosamine for extra support as he ages, I've got my boys on these and kind of see it as a preventative measure. I will also get baby Lola on them once she's passed her kitten stage.

Sean

Site Supporter
Bella is being an absolute witch tonight and Pan is at the vet for overnight as they do with all there cats.
She went after Xander and ha enough and went after her. Needless to say I put my foot down and Bella
got the utility room all to her self tonight. Xander and Athena have the rest of the house.

Sean

Site Supporter
I had to rescue Athena from behind the TV stand where Bella had pushed her.
She was in close quarters and could not turn of find anything to dig claws into to climb out.

Athena is not helping things by growling at Bella.