Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I swear with this cat....

DChap

Site Supporter
Try finding something she hates the smell of and dab it on a napkin and put at the base of the tree. It works here.

Jacq

Savannah Super Cat
Brigitte uses the motion sensor air cans around the perimeter of the tree. Works for her. I just don't put one up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MM3

Site Supporter
I am clearly a novice at being a kitty mom. My instincts, read Marilyn's book and this wonderful site will carry me until I have experience a plenty. I vew it from the perspective and goal is to create a true and loyal bond between myself and my new kitten. With this common denominator We can build a strong and lasting friendship. In Marilyn's book she is not a fan of spray bottles. In my personal opinion my bond with kitty is more important than a Christmas tree. It's a privilege to have the right to make our own decisions. My little one in many situations could have chosen to have contact with me with drawn claws, but instead touches my cheek, arm or shoulder with a touching soft paw. I take this as a direct guide that I am doing something correct since I don't have past experience to draw from.

SV Dad

Savannah Super Cat
MM3, don't worry, you will bond. Quite well in fact. One of the little hints of advice frequently given to new members is simple: prepare to be trained. These spotted furballs are genetically programed to immediately and effectively train their staff. Looks like it is going well! Enjoy!
(There is not a member on this site who hasn't been trained!):roflmao:

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Brigitte uses the motion sensor air cans around the perimeter of the tree. Works for her. I just don't put one up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My cats love the Ssscat compressed air cans - they will sit in front of it and swat at it making it squirt until it is all out of 'juice'... :roflmao:

D

Dantes

Oh, in addition to cayenne pepper and vinegar, I forgot cats aren't supposed to be very fond of lavender. I use this (as in, I spray the area I want them to stay away from, I don't spray the cat), although it's not as effective as the other two, but much more pleasant for us humans:

MM3

Site Supporter
MM3, don't worry, you will bond. Quite well in fact. One of the little hints of advice frequently given to new members is simple: prepare to be trained. These spotted furballs are genetically programed to immediately and effectively train their staff. Looks like it is going well! Enjoy!
(There is not a member on this site who hasn't been trained!):roflmao:
BINGO!! Stated PERFECTLY!