Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

If It Weren't For Bad Luck...

Mrs.CC

Savannah Super Cat
Just shy of two weeks although my wife got home last weekend. Unfortunately she has never used a lawn mower before and has emphatically told me she has no intention of learning.
I love to mow the grass. Unfortunately, our self-propelled mower needs repair. I bugged my husband for almost 13 years to teach me how to operate the riding lawnmower. He finally got tired of listening to me whine, and showed me. I'm having the time of my life out there!

Lesley

Site Supporter
Hey. Im in Cincinnati area. We too have had flooding issues. Our basement only hot slightly wet. Would have been worse if my husband hadn't been home with a wet/dry vac. I have several coworkers who have a lot of damage. One got a quote on a sump pump a week and a half ago and was waiting on installation. Bingo, basement flooded terribly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Mrs.CC

Savannah Super Cat
Hey. Im in Cincinnati area. We too have had flooding issues. Our basement only hot slightly wet. Would have been worse if my husband hadn't been home with a wet/dry vac. I have several coworkers who have a lot of damage. One got a quote on a sump pump a week and a half ago and was waiting on installation. Bingo, basement flooded terribly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Thank heaven, your hubby was home! Glad to hear he got it contained quickly! So sorry about your coworker....we had that happen one time. I lost a lot of my high school memorabilia, clothes, music boxes, photos....I feel her pain!

Lesley

Site Supporter
Yes, it was bad. I have another friend who's sump pump died while she was at work in May when we had all that rain. Same thing that happened to you happened to her. I wish you a speedy recovery. Sometimes I wonder about home ownership....

Pam Flachs

Savannah Super Cat
A flooded basement is NO fun. I have had it happen a few times, too. Ugh.

FYI, besides dehumidifiers, a large air cleaner or two, and fans really help with any odor in flooded areas.

I feel for you all. Fingers crossed the rain stops and your basements are dried out quickly.

Mrs.CC

Savannah Super Cat
Thanks, Lesley! It wouldn't be quite as bad if I weren't having other major issues going on right now. We're down to just my income, both of the cars are having trouble, my son has some medical issues, my job is downsizing and I'm not sure yet how it will affect my position....the list goes on. I need a good 6 months in the tropics to get my head back together!

Green eyed kitty

Mystique the dog/cat;Seraphimah spunky kitty
It has been raining for the past 16 days here in Northeast Ohio. This last storm was the worst of all, and wouldn't you know, my sump pump picked this time to break a hose. My laundry and family rooms both flooded. :cry: Will have to replace carpet and drywall. Now I know what they mean when they say, "When it rains, it pours."

Sorry to hear that you have damage from floods. Our thoughts are with you.

We get a lot of rain on the West Coast in BC, when the mountain snow melts it can cause floods and slides.

Recently a bunch of my family and friends were caught in the floods In Calgary and Alberta area (Canada), talk about destruction!

Hope it all turns out well for you after the rain stops!

Lesley

Site Supporter
Understand that. My job is under threat of being off sourced to Chicago. If that happens, there is nothing in my field in the city right now. Would likely have to move. I hope things right themselves for you in the near future.