Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

If It Weren't For Bad Luck...

Mrs.CC

Savannah Super Cat
Sorry to hear that you have damage from floods. Our thoughts are with you.

We get a lot of rain on the West Coast in BC, when the mountain snow melts it can cause floods and slides.

Recently a bunch of my family and friends were caught in the floods In Calgary and Alberta area (Canada), talk about destruction!

Hope it all turns out well for you after the rain stops!
Thank you, Green Eyed Kitty! I'm so sorry for your family and friends' loss! If nothing else, I sure hope they were able to save their photo albums. Mother Nature is a definite force to be reckoned with. She really needs to take a sabbatical!

Mrs.CC

Savannah Super Cat
This is turning into a big project. Walls of my half bathroom are coming down, and half of the carpet in the family room has been torn up. Ran fans overnight to dry the floor so furniture can be moved, and the rest of the carpet removed today. Bottom half of walls in there will need replacing also. Furbies won't have access to the cat nook for awhile. :( Thank heaven, we didn't get it as bad as Leavittsburg, which is about 20 minutes or so from us. The Mahoning River rose, and the streets are flooded hip deep :eek: . Residents were evacuated by boats. Looks like we need houses built on stilts in this area. :rolleyes:

Green eyed kitty

Mystique the dog/cat;Seraphimah spunky kitty
Thank you, Green Eyed Kitty! I'm so sorry for your family and friends' loss! If nothing else, I sure hope they were able to save their photo albums. Mother Nature is a definite force to be reckoned with. She really needs to take a sabbatical!
Thanks, the destruction in Calgary and other areas in Alberta was horrible. Luckily my friends and family were only caught up in the floods. Some were evacuated, they never had their homes fill with water. Others in the different areas did though. I know in Calgary they pulled together and cleaned up many places and were able to get the Stampede ready. Now that is dedication!

Sorry you are having to renovate. Hope others have come to help you! Did the floods in your area hit other homes also? Wishing you the best outcome!

Mrs.CC

Savannah Super Cat
Thanks, the destruction in Calgary and other areas in Alberta was horrible. Luckily my friends and family were only caught up in the floods. Some were evacuated, they never had their homes fill with water. Others in the different areas did though. I know in Calgary they pulled together and cleaned up many places and were able to get the Stampede ready. Now that is dedication!

Sorry you are having to renovate. Hope others have come to help you! Did the floods in your area hit other homes also? Wishing you the best outcome!
I'm glad their houses were spared! I haven't talked with any of the neighbors....sadly, we pretty much all keep to ourselves. My husband's mother got a little water in her basement, but nothing major. So far, we seem to be the only ones on our street who has torn up carpet and padding in the yard. Those living closer to the Mahoning River have been having a time of it, though! Streets are flooded in some areas.

I can't wait for this to be over. I hate the smell of a soggy house.

Green eyed kitty

Mystique the dog/cat;Seraphimah spunky kitty
Sorry you are the ones who had the water damage on your street. I hope it is over for you all soon, so you can get on with your regular lives.

Mrs.CC

Savannah Super Cat
Sorry you are the ones who had the water damage on your street. I hope it is over for you all soon, so you can get on with your regular lives.
Thank you, sweetie, but I don't think it's in the cards. Believe it or not, the black cloud of bad luck just swallowed me up again. I just had to leave work 2 1/2 hours early because my back went out. I got up out of a chair and got stuck. Every move I tried to make sent pain shooting in my lower back. Looks like I'll be going to the doctor tomorrow.

Mrs.CC

Savannah Super Cat
Understand that. My job is under threat of being off sourced to Chicago. If that happens, there is nothing in my field in the city right now. Would likely have to move. I hope things right themselves for you in the near future.
It makes me sad....They always preach to you about being loyal to your company, but are they loyal to their employees? They don't care what happens to you; how inconvenient it may be to relocate. For your sake, and the sake of your coworkers, I hope your company stays right where they're at!