Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Is there a proven diet to encourage ultimate growth genetically possible?

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
I am switching Cheetoh to this:
http://www.radfood.com/products
Any comments? Seems like a good product.

It is a very good product. This is the food I used to switch an old kitty with chronic renal failure and inflammatory bowel disease from a kibble diet to a raw diet. Her health did a complete turnaround on this food. She did so well, I was able to transition her to a whole prey diet. If I hadn't seen the changes with my own eyes, I never would have believed it possible.

Cheeto's Keeper

Savannah Teenager
It is a very good product. This is the food I used to switch an old kitty with chronic renal failure and inflammatory bowel disease from a kibble diet to a raw diet. Her health did a complete turnaround on this food. She did so well, I was able to transition her to a whole prey diet. If I hadn't seen the changes with my own eyes, I never would have believed it possible.
Great! She had her first meal of raw tonight (turkey) and loved it. It is also made here, where we live in Portland, Oregon. Thank you. I needed a little reassurance that I was making the right move.

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
The biggest drawback to RadCat is the limited variety. You can also try Feline's Pride. They have duck, cornish game hen, and rabbit. Unfortunately, it's available only on-line.

Cheeto's Keeper

Savannah Teenager
The biggest drawback to RadCat is the limited variety. You can also try Feline's Pride. They have duck, cornish game hen, and rabbit. Unfortunately, it's available only on-line.
I bought Cheetoh a lamb chop today. It will take her a couple days to get through it. It is more of a chew toy than a meal it seems, but she is eating it slowly. She eats about 4 oz of RadCat at a time. So she is eating at least 8 oz a day now. I am weaning her off of canned food. I can imagine her eating 12 oz a day in the next couple weeks. This kitty has an appetite! Since I am now giving her fresh raw cuts of meat from the grocery store, is there anything I should be concerned about relative to health maintenance, like worming more often or anything? Whole prey diet has to consider this more, doesn't it?

Jacq

Savannah Super Cat
Some people worm their cats once a year, whether on raw meat or not. I just keep a close eye on my boys' litterbox habits, and take a stool sample into the vet once in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk