Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Jackson"s Long Road Home

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Made A choice today on witch baby to adopt. Thought I"d move this thread from introduction to here. Now we start a long 11 week wait untill we can go get him. We decided to call him Jackson but It"ll be Jax for short. Will get weekly pics to show his growth so that should help.(a little anyway)

He looks great... You will be very happy with him I believe, however, seeing how he is a boy, it should not be " witch baby to adopt."... It should be " warlock baby to adopt.":rolleyes::rolleyes::devil::devil:... If this is your first Savannah, you will find out why I say that... LOL... But honestly, they are the best cats around and I wish you the greatest success with him. Look forward to seeing many more pictures of your little "WARLOCK"... LOL.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
LOL ladies,,,,,,,,,I started that back in Febuary with the 1st litter! Buttttttttt from what i"ve read,,,,,,,I"ll need lots of toys as they are TOY DESTROYERS!!!

Some are, and Some are not... My Elsa has not destroyed any of her toys, but has damaged her original wand and an ear to a mouse went missing... It kind of depends on your individual kitty... My dog for example has all but one of his toys from puppy hood and he is 13... Another friend has one that tears the stuffing's out before getting it out of the packaging.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
Seems like a month,,,,,but only 2 days. 12 Days down,,,,,,,72 to go!!!!!! LOL

The closer it gets the further it feels.. Like time is traveling backwards. But that one special day will be one you will never forget, and don't forget the camera.

John Campbell

Site Supporter
Staff member
I am so happy for you. The one thing I missed out on when I got an adult Savannah (don't get me wrong, I love Whiskey and she is a purrfect fit for my home and other cats...she keeps the boys in line) was watching her grown from a little baby. Anyway, I love the name Jackson and I wish we could have showers for new pet parents like we do when people are expecting a human baby. Think of the stuff you'd get then.

I like that idea... We will have to think about that for the future... This is certainly an inventive sharing group...

ambro

Site Supporter
He looks great... You will be very happy with him I believe, however, seeing how he is a boy, it should not be " witch baby to adopt."... It should be " warlock baby to adopt.":rolleyes::rolleyes::devil::devil:... If this is your first Savannah, you will find out why I say that... LOL... But honestly, they are the best cats around and I wish you the greatest success with him. Look forward to seeing many more pictures of your little "WARLOCK"... LOL.[/quote
He looks great... You will be very happy with him I believe, however, seeing how he is a boy, it should not be " witch baby to adopt."... It should be " warlock baby to adopt.":rolleyes::rolleyes::devil::devil:... If this is your first Savannah, you will find out why I say that... LOL... But honestly, they are the best cats around and I wish you the greatest success with him. Look forward to seeing many more pictures of your little "WARLOCK"... LOL.

LOL John,,,,,,my spelling has always been AWFULL! Which works a little better. As I"m sure you can tell,,,,I don"t do a whole lot of writing thes days. Just remember,,,,listen to what I say not what I Spell!!!! LOL!!! He will be our 1st savannah but we have had cats all our lives,, some a little more work then others.We had thought about an F1 or F2 but I think an F3 will be a better 1st savannah for us. By the way,,,I like Elsa"s website. I"ve been following it since Feb. Glad she got over the BIG scare a couple month ago. Also your baby plane hobby is pretty cool as I have an aviation background.(11yrs usaf/ang/ I"m also a private pilot) Keep checking back as I post my weekly picks of my LIL WORLOCK! LOL! Take care,,,,,Bob

Carykd7kau

Reincarnated cat Moderator
Bob, I think I am as excited for you to get Jax as you are. Seems forever...but it will get here. Then we can all laugh at your being retrained. ;)

ambro

Site Supporter
Bob, I think I am as excited for you to get Jax as you are. Seems forever...but it will get here. Then we can all laugh at your being retrained. ;)
Yes Cary,,,,,,I"m afraid your right!! All I can say is 15 Days down,,,,69 to go! Think we"ll go jump on the Harley and take our minds off it.

cbain

Site Supporter
Our last kitten we only wait a couple of weeks and it was hard, fortunately our breeder sent lots of videos , his 2 week quarantine will be up in 4 days, our Savannah male has taken a interest in the kitten and door darted into his room a couple of times and got close and no hissing from ether cat but I think our female Savannah will be a problem ,she's 28 months old and I think she wants to be Queen cat, she is our oldest Savannah , so now must wait and watch for tension to settle down.