Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Joining the SVCC Amara Cat owners Club!!!

John Popp

Site Supporter
Naya and Dooley, January 18th, 2015.

15689306874_64c8003f31_c.jpg

16309935541_9f47ddd08b_c.jpg

John Popp

Site Supporter
The one photo makes Naya look really small although i think most of it is the wide angle lens of a phone camera. My guess is she was about 2/3s the size of Dooley, kind of where the difference in size was with Atticus and Dino.

Dooley is also ridiculously large weighing in at 11lbs now at 4 and a half months. Trish says nearly daily he is too big. The only thing about him that looks like a kittens his face and he has a squeaky tiny voice that doesn't at all match the wrapper.

Despite the size difference, it was pretty obvious that she was the one in control and Dooley definitely deferred to her. She was also a little possessive about toys, kind of hoarding them for herself and upset when she wasn't in control of them.

Anyway, it's always a treat to visit Sue and see the kittens when they are all together.

DChap

Site Supporter
11lbs! Wow! Naya is just over 7. Not a huge eater lately.

Her and Tojo rough and tumble daily and neither concedes but amazingly their play is totally silent except for the thumping of their bodies on the wood floor and few squeaks from Tojo occasionally ;). I havent heard Naya meow since the first week she was here and that was twice. But Naya literally gets tuckered out so I end up separating them. She has no problem so far sharing all her toys with him. I think because she adores him :in love: and is so happy for a playmate. I'm sure eventually she will rule the roost but right now all is pretty calm. As they spend more and more time together we will see :lol:.

Trish Allearz

11lbs! Wow! Naya is just over 7. Not a huge eater lately.

Her and Tojo rough and tumble daily and neither concedes but amazingly their play is totally silent except for the thumping of their bodies on the wood floor and few squeaks from Tojo occasionally ;). I havent heard Naya meow since the first week she was here and that was twice. But Naya literally gets tuckered out so I end up separating them. She has no problem so far sharing all her toys with him. I think because she adores him :in love: and is so happy for a playmate. I'm sure eventually she will rule the roost but right now all is pretty calm. As they spend more and more time together we will see :lol:.
So Naya is a big girl compared to Una-- Una was just weighed at 5.5 pounds. It's interesting though because none of these cats have small personalities and actually, her body is quite tall and lanky.

John Popp

Site Supporter
Totally agree. Despite being brothers Dino and Dooley are polar opposites as far as body type goes. Dino resembling a serval and Dooley resembling a spotted bear.

Trish Allearz

Totally agree. Despite being brothers Dino and Dooley are polar opposites as far as body type goes. Dino resembling a serval and Dooley resembling a spotted bear.
Paige said Dooley was a big kid! I think Una is total Serval-type. Just real lanky in her body and slinky... My big brat <3

DChap

Site Supporter
When Naya is next to Tojo who weighs 9lbs she is just slightly shorter in height and length. Their body types are polar opposites as well. A few minutes ago when Naya casually sauntered across the room I got a flash of Falkor in the photo where he's walking and panting. She looks so much like her daddy :in love:

Trish Allearz

When Naya is next to Tojo who weighs 9lbs she is just slightly shorter in height and length. Their body types are polar opposites as well. A few minutes ago when Naya casually sauntered across the room I got a flash of Falkor in the photo where he's walking and panting. She looks so much like her daddy :in love:
She's such a gorgeous girl! <3 her.