Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Keeping Raw Cold?

vickielynn87

Savannah Super Cat
Ha.. I meant if you had to be gone for a while and needed to leave it out. Something about an ice pack.

Evie

Savannah Super Cat
I used something similar for my old cats if I had to be out all day. You placed ice packs underneath the food trays. This was a few years back and one you have provided a link for looks a good deal better than mine! My cats didn't really like going near it and on one occasion it failed to open - although this could have been operator error!

DumaLove

Site Supporter
Staff member
There are several different timed pet food dispensers but I haven't found many that keep food cold. Here is one:
http://www.amazon.com/Cat-Mate-C50-Automatic-Feeder/dp/B0002AR0D8
They also make this in a smaller size - C20 - that can be programmed for 48 hours
Has anyone used this feeder? (Either the Cat Mate C20 or C50.) I'm thinking of trying for leaving raw accessible throughout the day for Duma as he doesn't do well on any amount of kibble. But I'm concerned how SV proof it is! One of my boys is VERY destructive! (And its NOT the F2!)

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Duma doesn't necessarily need food left out/available for him throughout the day. Most older kittens can get by with being fed twice a day and adult cats once a day.

DumaLove

Site Supporter
Staff member
He's only 10 months, and he won't eat that much at one sitting. He started losing weight when he was only fed raw twice a day. And he doesn't need to lose weight, he still needs to gain.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Gotcha - I agree, whatever it takes to keep him healthy and growing!
I have not personally tried the pet feeder. I seem to recall that Paige had one, or maybe she just posted a review on it, sorry I can't remember for sure...

DumaLove

Site Supporter
Staff member
Thx! He is a tall lanky boy and has always looked like he needs more meat on him.

I like the model with 2 bigger sections but it has a flip up lid and I'm not sure it is a good idea. The one with 6 smaller sections looks like it just rotates around, but I'm not sure if it would be any safer from my destructive boy. I'm also not sure how loud it is.