Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Leo very sick

admin

Paige
Staff member
So we just left the vet. She believes it is something viral because he is not responding to steroids, antibiotics, onsior or the cefpodoxime. Things have gotten worse after giving these meds. These are the tests vet is doing;
1. feline upper respiratory profile-antech
2. Dermatophyte (ringworm) culture-DTM
3. Fluids SQ 250m
4. Vitamin B complex add to fluids
5. VetriScience lysine supplement
He is staying overnight to get fluids and be monitored. Leo’s vet is going to talk to the vet he saw while being at Exotico Savannah’s to see if there are any reported problems/allergies etc. with their cats. I’m very disappointed in them, both of my cats have pretty bad problems...I’ve had cats ALL my life and have never run into as many problems as I have had with Samme and Leo and BOTH of them came from the same cattery.
I'm really sorry...you should not have so many issues and hopefully the vet will be able to figure it out. I knew the owner of exotico savannahs and she was a good person...unfortunately she had an accident and died in the summer...please let us know how Leo is doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk