Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Male cat urinary blockage

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Oh dear, well glad you worked out what was wrong and it was fixable (remembering his meds)! Hoping now he is going to recover...

admin

Paige
Staff member
Aww, Sean, I hope Mokkun gets better soon...when Taj was hospitalized, I visited him every day and that did seem to help him. Many times, they simply will not eat when at the vet, so perhaps you can try to feed him when you are there.

Sean

Site Supporter
Update.
They can't get him to eat. I can
I visited him a 2nd time today and got him to eat. Spoon feed the caned Rx food.
Smells nasty IMHO. They had also put a small dish of kibble in. After he stopped
wanting the caned I put some of the kibble in my hand and he about took my fingers
off wit the kibble. So I asked him to slow down and gave him more. When he stopped
and I thought he was done I put it back down. He started to eye the kibble again so
I picked up the small dish and held it so he could get to the dish with that cone on.
Well I thing he got about 3 or 4 more mouth full's and then he was done.

He perks up when I come in. I could tell that tonight. I did not have to reach to the back of the
cage ( cell ) this time. He was growling when I was there earlier today at the staff but setteled
down for me. I am going to take in some litter when I go next because he does not seem to like
the green pellet stuff.

More updates as they come in.

Sean

Sean

Site Supporter
It gets even wilder. I am to have back surgery on Tuesday.
I can live without having it done right now and I will use the
FAMILY Emergency to put it off. There is not anyone here that
would be able to give Mokkun his meds and deal with things this
next week. The funny thing is I have not felt right about doing
it now. It was originaly to be done Nov 27th and the Dr had to
change the date and I was ok with that date. Higher power ???
I don't know.

Sean

Sean

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
Oh wow... hard to have that done and deal with Mokkun as you say. I'd probably make the same decision as long as the back surgery is not urgent. As you say, maybe there was a reason your surgery was rescheduled that has nothing to do with the Doctor's schedule... glad you are able to deal with Mokkun's illness and I hope you can then deal with YOUR issues soon enough!

Sean

Site Supporter
I think of my cats are more like my children. Never been happy
with the gals I have dated and so no human kids. But I try to
put the cats at the top of the list. If I had kids of my own
they would be right up there at the top of the list.

Sean

admin

Paige
Staff member
Sean sounds like a higher power made the back decision for you and hopefully mokkun will be home soon...sounds like it has been a tough tinge for you both, but I'm sure it will get better...

Thanks for being such a great savannah daddy ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sean

Site Supporter
Well I was in and made him happy. He was hiding in the back of the cage under a blanket.
I walked in and said Mokkun and he started to work his way out. Did some ear scratching
and head rubbing. I asked for some kibble and had a few bits and quit so a waited a bit
and I got a spoon and worked on feeding him the canned food he ate almost all of it.
He was looking brighter when I left to go home. I try to go back tonight and feed him
again.

Sean

Brigitte Cowell

Staff member
I'm glad that you can get him to eat, if he needs to stay in there it is good that you can at least make sure he's eating something!