Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Meet Amani, our first Savannah

Emmi

Savannah Super Cat
Yesterday Amani came home, one day early and we couldn't be happier about it.

He is adjusting surprisingly well to all new changes. Of course it is all new and strange for him, and we all didn't sleep much! But he already seems quite at ease. He played ate and drank on the first evening already and used his kitty toilet.

What I didn't expect already is that he adores to be cuddled. At the breeder he wasn't too fond of it or maybe there were just too many distractions. When I'm near him he is cuddling up against me with his head and body and purring with enormous sounds. Not on my lap but cuddling close, when I then start cuddling and scratching him softly back he rolls on his back purring. He is also massaging my hand with his paws. Tired from a short night but couldn't be happier and grateful <3

Pictures via MyAlbum today as there is also a video. Turn on the sound for max effect :)

http://myalbum.com/album/rTfmpdiIj4xp

tdbradin

Savannah Super Cat
Very nice! Looks like you will a wonderful relationship with Amani. Congrats!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

admin

Paige
Staff member
Awww... He looks great and seems so Comfy! Congrats! Looks like you have a wonderful, loving kitten!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WitchyWoman

Admin
Staff member
He is adorable and it's always a relief when they settle in quickly with their new family. Congratulations. Keep those pictures coming.

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Awww, what a sweet little guy! It's always great to hear when a kitten makes an easy transition into his new home. As for the cuddling, of course he has been used to getting this from his litter mates and other cats at the breeder's home, now you are his new best friend and are now expected to provide those cuddles for him ;)

Emmi

Savannah Super Cat
Thank you :)
Happy to oblige to cuddles!
He is indeed settling in wonderful so far which is a great relief. But his mother is such a sweetheart so our hopes came true.

We let him in our working room and bedroom and from there he can discover the house, which he does meter by meter.

Think I made a hundred pictures already but he is moving so fast!

Here he is with his favorite toy, he is carrying it around everywhere with him. He can endlessly run after it when I throw it far and drag it back to wherever is his favorite spot of the moment. He has 3 so far.

20160401_164523.jpg

Discovering a new hangout

image.jpg

Getting sleepy with the warm jar (hope that's translated well)
Its a rubber bag to put warm water in. We imagined it would be nice for him to sleep with something warm as he was used to sleep with his kitty family so I put it wherever he lays

20160402_081451.jpg