Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Meet Lola

Vito

Site Supporter
Lola has settled in very well with Vito and Franco, here are the three of them lounging around together. IMG_1913.jpg

Vito

Site Supporter
Lola has her first visit to our vet hospital tomorrow, she's already been checked twice already at the breeders vet but thought it'd be a good idea to have our vet check her over as I have a little concern, for last two weeks she has been sneezing, not all the time, it's mostly after she's been running around, there's been no discharge from eyes/ears and she's eating and toileting fine, anyone have any thoughts? Could it just be the change of environment causing it? No scented candles/air fresheners or anything I can think that would cause it, any thoughts??

Patti

Admin
Staff member
If it's only happening after activity I don't know that I would be too worried, but I think having the vet check her out is definitely the right move.

Vito

Site Supporter
If it's only happening after activity I don't know that I would be too worried, but I think having the vet check her out is definitely the right move.
Thanks Patti that's kind of what I was thinking as its not all the time, also she's 16 weeks at the moment, do you think she could be booked in for spay surgery, she is still very small and is only weighing in at 1.88kg at the moment?

Patti

Admin
Staff member
There are some vets who will spay that early but she is pretty small. Some vets prefer a kitten be at least 2.25kg (~5lbs), even though she's already almost four months old. See what your vet says.

Vito

Site Supporter
There are some vets who will spay that early but she is pretty small. Some vets prefer a kitten be at least 2.25kg (~5lbs), even though she's already almost four months old. See what your vet says.
She is very petite, and not the best of eaters really, she's very picky and doesnt eat as much as I'd like, I think I'm comparing her too much to Vito when he was a baby, he had such a big appetite. I'd be happy for her to gain more weight first before she's spayed.

Vito

Site Supporter
Well Lola had her check up at the vets today, she was so well behaved but cried all the way there in the car. Everything went well and the vets happy with her progress, their not too concerned about the intermittent sneezing, chest lovely and clear and she's bright as a button, so advised just to monitor her.
As soon as we got home she was out her carrier like Jack flash and off to tell her brothers all about it. IMG_1917.JPG