Savannah Cat Chat - THE Place for Savannah Cat Talk

Welcome to the Savannah Cat Chat Forum! Our forum has been in existence since 2012 and is the only one of its kind. We were here, serving the savannah cat community before Facebook and Instagram! Register for a free account today to become a member! Please use an email program other than Hotmail, since Hotmail accounts are blacklisted by many servers and ISP's. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site in some of the forums by adding your own topics and posts. But in order to take advantage of the full features, such as a private inbox as well as connect with other members ad access some of the larger topics, a donation of $2.99/mo or $25/yr is requested. This will allow us to continue running this forum!

Might have been scammed? Has anyone heard of them?

Trish Allearz

Rissa- I don't know this breeder, but I'd be worried too as a buyer if a breeder was doing these things after they had my money in hand. Sorry, crap happens, but you need to keep an open line of communication with your buyers. I agree with Brigitte- go ahead and call him and hopefully, that will settle things and get your kitten to you asap.

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
The people we bought Kovu from is friends with Paul.. I thought I was kind of being scammed at first too. He was advertising Henry Farmer (our breeder's) kittens because Henry didn't have a website up & going yet.

From what I've been told is he doesn't have the greatest memory & gets things mixed up. lol But in the end we got everything straightened out & got Kovu home to us. :)

Ashley

Savannah Super Cat
Ok well that gives me a little more hope. I have tried calling him and no answer.
I'd just keep trying to call. Did you leave a voice mail so at least he knows its you trying to reach him?

When I saw Kovu's picture I fell in love right away. It said on his website that they were a friend's kittens & they were at "x" website & that they were located in S.C. Well when I clicked on a link it took me to a cattery somewhere else, I dont remember, but it wasn't in S.C. So I got really worried & emailed the other cattery. They were like "Oh yeah, we sold them a female a few months ago." Turns out he got some links mixed up. :/

Once I finally spoke to Henry things got back in order & Henry had him change the info. So yeah, he comes off as kind of iffy, but I think its cause of some memory problems or something like that.

admin

Paige
Staff member
I agree with Trish!!! There is no excuse for taking someone's money and not keeping in touch...there are cell phones, home phone and email. it is easy to blame things on "memory"...

admin

Paige
Staff member
I recently purchased a Savannah kitten out of a breeder in North Carolina called AAA Savannahs. Their website is www.AAASavannahs.com. The breeder goes by Paul Beeson. I am questioning this cattery because Mr. Beeson has exhibited some dodgy behavior. I am located in Southern California, so the kitten would have to be shipped(his website says they ship to all 50 states and Canada). He is a F6 male kitten who should be around 10 weeks old by now. The breeder said before he shipped him out, that he would separate him from his littermates and other kittens to get him used to being on his own, and after a week or so he would send him out. Well he said he was going to do this two weeks ago, then said he was too busy, and was going to do it this week, thus making the kitten's arrival time to CA this weekend sometime. I sent an email yesterday asking what the status was, and now Mr. Beeson claims to have injured his back, and wants me to meet him in Atlanta(a 3 day drive btw) to pick up the kitten. He also seems to think I live only an hour and a half away, so maybe he mixed me up with another customer. Anyhow, I sent another email clarifying my location and am waiting on a response. If he doesn't reply by tomorrow I'm going to have to go to paypal to get a refund. Their website says they are TICA registered, but I went to the TICA website and did not see them listed. They are on the TIBCS website(not sure how legit that is). If anyone has any info or insight it would be greatly be appreciated!! THank you.

Rissa, also, shipping a kitten at 10 weeks is a little young...http://www.savannahcatchat.com/threads/why-savannah-kittens-should-not-be-sold-before-12-weeks.724/

Patti

Admin
Staff member
Paul has been around for many years but has not been active in our online community for the past several years. His cattery doesn't seem to be registered with TICA, but he is a TICA and Savannah Breed Section member, which means he pays dues every year in order to stay active in the breed - perhaps that is what he meant by TICA registered? At any rate, I hope you are able to work things out quickly with him.